New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hybrid multicab dubbed ‘poor man’s taxi’ launched

TACLOBAN CITY — After pioneering the assembly of tricycles and multicabs in the country, the Norkis Group has come up with the "poor man’s taxi."
    The vehicle, called Spider, was described as a "multi-transport hybrid" of the multicab. It can seat eight and is powered by a 660cc Daihatsu engine.

For only P10 and an additional P5 for every kilometer after five kilometers, a passenger can enjoy the services of a taxi through the Spider.
    "It’s a poor man’s taxi. At a rate of P10, one will enjoy the privilege of door-to-door service," said Benjamin Pesons, Norkis area sales manager for Eastern Visayas.

Norkis has tied up with JEGA Corp., which has applied before the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) for a franchise to operate 20 Spider taxis in Tacloban.

Mr. Pesons said the company will offer the vehicle to other operators as well. The main mode of transportation in Tacloban City is still the tricycle, a motorcycle with a side car made by Norkis.

Outside the city’s business district, the main mode of transport is the multicab, a small passenger jeepney assembled by Norkis from used engines and components from Japan.

"We started in Tacloban because we’ve seen the demand for public transportation. This is in support to the thrust of the government to develop the tourism industry particularly in rural areas," Mr. Pesons said in a press conference.

After Tacloban, the poor man’s taxi will also be introduced in key cities and provinces through Norkis’ retail network of 200 branches and service centers, 200 satellite branches, and 600 dealers.

Norkis officials said the Spider is spacious, comfortable, safe and fuel-efficient. It is sold for P188,000 for automatic transmission and P198,000 for manual transmission with a six-month warranty and guaranteed lifetime spare parts availability. The car weighs 735 kilograms. — Sarwell Q. Meniano
    I hope I can see one here in Metro Manila. Im sick and tired of seeing dilapidated jeepneys, tricycles and auvs..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post
    I hope I can see one here in Metro Manila. Im sick and tired of seeing dilapidated jeepneys, tricycles and auvs..

Agree!

I hope they bring the Norkis Spider in Cavite..

Any pictures?
    Last edited by jpdm; September 30th, 2008 at 09:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008

*jpdm

Here is Cebu's Pride...

Norkis Spider . An Nissan ADResort look alike converted into a passenger van..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by True Faith View Post

*jpdm

Here is Cebu's Pride...

Norkis Spider . An Nissan ADResort look alike converted into a passenger van..

Ginagamit ata sa mga resorts sa Visayas yan...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Where are these sold in Pampanga, They are in and around Angles city these days for rent. Now if they put on a turbo and enclosed it with AC for under 225,000, now that would be a deal.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Norkis' Multicabs/vans

Multivan

Easy rider

De Luxe

Supreme

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Norkis Car

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

Norkis' Multicabs/vans

Multivan

Supreme

I like the Multivan...but the Supreme looks cool too specially if they make it a 4 door cab with aircon tapos yun back na lang yun lalagyan ng gamit. Lagyan ng stainless bullbar sa harap at likod. Palitan ng mas malapad na Mags at gamitan ng tractor wheels...hay! Ganda siguro nun.

May aircon na ba ito? Kasi kung wala sayang!

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    halos 3 weeks ko na po hinahanap official website ng norkis sa google pero hindi ko po makita. baka po alam niyo, pahingi po sana ng konting tulong. :-D

check ko sana price ng suzuki carry nila eh.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post

Norkis Car
    This is 1998 Nissan March (micra), right? So this 'Norkis Car' is plainly just a rebadged Nissan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Norkis vehicles