New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by romski123 View Post
    Don't forget this Filipino Utility Vehicle!

The Tulak Tulak!

This can't be a Filipino Utility Vehicle Philippine Government should do something to alleviate poverty

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Colourful Morales made PUJ that once dominate Aurora Blvd. Nice good looking vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by romski123 View Post
    Don't forget this Filipino Utility Vehicle!

The Tulak Tulak!

This one is actually called "skates" Wala yan sa States

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by raikkah View Post
    How about this one? What do you call this vehicle? We used to have one when I was little, I think it was the Chevrolet AUV, wasnt it?

Attachment 9678

--------------ser,, diba yan eh Cimmaron... gawa ng Crysler Philippines..
    Ah, Crysler pala, hindi Chevrolet! I keep getting those two companies mixed up. Anong makina ng mga ganito? Were they good?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Kamukha ng L300 FB at Kia KC utility van ban yun?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Kamukha ng L300 FB at Kia KC utility van ban yun?
    Medyo kaso iba body structure. The L300 FB and Kia KC utility vans featured a separate compartment for the driver and for the passengers. This one only had 1 compartment for both (parang fiera pero walang nguso)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --My tito used to have this. I remember. Tahimik sya hindi maingay. Maganda ang takbo at mahusay ang pang-ilalim.

--Nauna ito sa mga Anfra. kasabayan ito ng Pinoy, Harabas at Pinoy II ng Francisco Motors. The good old days of the local auto industry.

--Come to think of it, I salute Marcos for his Industrial projects. But starting from Pres. Ramos and his minion, Pres. Gloria Arroyo, namatay ang auto industry dahil sa kapabayaan, kawalan ng foresight, kawalan ng nationalism at liberalization program nila.

--We were almost there, but these guys aborted it.

--Now what we are seeing is just a shadow of that auto industry. You cannot even proud of it because its to alien, too Korean, too Japanese, too American, too European, too Taiwanese, too Thai, too Indonesian, too Indian and too second hand!

--But things will change. The Tsikot PHuv will change it.
    Last edited by dprox; October 2nd, 2007 at 08:30 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    We had those FMC Pinoy and Cimaron years back as passenger jeepneys running the streets of San Juan - Kalentong - Little Baguio but my father had to let it go after 2 years of service because the body was not as rigid as the Sarao or Francisco Jeepneys. The Body was really not very rigid and prone to rusting even with undercoats. The pillars were also made of bended metal sheets that when the body tilts those body fillers also crack on the joints.

The FMC Pinoy was my first driving experience. I used to steal the keys from my father and learn to drive by myself making short distance runs and backing.

The longest in service among our pasenger jeepney was the one made by Fairlane motors in Caniogan Pasig. It was like a Batmobile style with fins on the sides and the ends of the fins are the rounded tail lights and it has this stainless angular bars all over its sides

The Sakbayan were the Police car of San Juan police during those years

Does anyone here remember those locally produced fiberglass car body fitted on Isuze Gemini under chassis and engine? I have seen those years back as taxis and I saw that it was produces somewhere along SLEX in bicutan.

I just remember that Toyota (Delta Motors) also had the local version of the Tamaraw Jeepney during the years when FMC Pinoy was a hit, Toyota releases the 9 seater x 2 side ways configuration, and it was fiited with a Silent L engine before the later Tamaraw Jeepney with 1C engine. The former Tamaraw jeepney with Silent L engine was bigger than the later with 1C engine.

I guess some of you are a bit confused when someone says that the Tamaraw was not Philippine made. When the Kijang was introduced here it adopted the local version name of the Tamaraw Jeepneys that was already here. So this Mega Taxi now with 5 doors was named Tamaraw FX.
    Last edited by dprox; October 2nd, 2007 at 10:46 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    We had those FMC Pinoy and Cimaron years back as passenger jeepneys running the streets of San Juan - Kalentong - Little Baguio but my father had to let it go after 2 years of service because the body was not as rigid as the Sarao or Francisco Jeepneys. The Body was really not very rigid and prone to rusting even with undercoats. The pillars were also made of bended metal sheets that when the body tilts those body fillers also crack on the joints.
    For pillars and critical framing members, never use bent sheets less than 1.2mm thick (or Ga.15 or 16) for "Asembol" type vehicles. It is always safer to use welded tubular framing. Add diagonal bracing where possible. Make sure all welds are of good quality. The other critical factor, of course, is priming and finishing.
    Does anyone here remember those locally produced fiberglass car body fitted on Isuzu Gemini under chassis and engine? I have seen those years back as taxis and I saw that it was produces somewhere along SLEX in bicutan.
    The fiberglass fabricator you are referring to is still alive and in business, but no longer produces car bodies. Try contacting Leonardo "Nards" Samonte of Gnostek Industries, Inc. Tel# 787.8387; Cell# 0917.816.5910. He still has one of those famous monococque fiberglass Isuzu Geminis. AFAIK, he gives livelihood seminars in TESDA.
    Last edited by dprox; October 2nd, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --I hope entrepreneural Pinoys (local auto assemblers of AUVs in the past)should see the light that the market for locally-made vehicles err...native vehicles.. is not yet dead. Especially, in the Jeepney, tricycle and OTJ category. Its true, the oligopoly dominates the Metro Manila market. but only the private, fleet and commercial market. But, i firmly believe that if a new version of a Filipino vehicle can be produced, I think it is possible to compete with the vehicles of the oligopoly..i mean in the aforementioned segment.

--For the procurement of government vehicles at the national and local level, I think a local assembler (non-oligopoly member) proponent can compete with
    the oligopolist. As long as the local vehicle should be cheaper that the oligopolist's brand.

--kaya yan, sa Cavite, mga OTJs at assembled na AUVs ang gamit ng mga barangay at munisipyo. Sa Pampanga, Iloilo at Negros, yung mga version nila ng AUVs. Sa Cebu at Mindanao yung version nila ng AUv nanduan plus mga multicab.

--Sa MIndoro, ang walang kamatayan jeepney ang nakita ko dun.

--Sa TV, pinakita ang Basilan, puro Trcycle at locally assembled na AUV.

--Sa Visayas, ang mga colorful jeepneys.

--Sa Maynila, ganun din. Mas bulok ng lang ang jeepney. Puera sa Marikina.

--Its written all over the face of this archipelago, the native vehicles dominates.

--Pero bakit ailing ang auto industry?kasi ayaw mag-unite ang native assemblers, ang local parts manufacturers a.k.a. MVPMAP, ang oligopolists "local" kuno assemblers.

--So sino kumikita? importers ng surplus (parts), auto parts importers ( Japan ang bukang bibig) at smugglers, CAMPI importers (kasi puro CBU nalang).

--MVPMAP kasi, sa totoo lang short sighted. Local native assemblers short sighted. Bakit. MVPMAP relies too much on CAMPI. native local assemblers, relies too much on surplus at Japan made parts, tapos pag kumita sa binentang sasakyan , puro ganun ang gagawin ala ng improvements. Imbes na i-re-invest sa technology, production and marketing ang kinita, ibibili ng Fortuner , magpapagawa ng mansion, maghahanda sa fiesta, mag-junket abroad. So pag lean month, alang perang pangtustos sa operation ng business. ayun taob.

--Dapat ang MVPMAP kung gusto pa nilang mabuhay, makipag-alyado sa native assemblers. Ang native assemblers mag unite, i-standardize ang produkto nila and mag-fabricate paunti-unti locally ng parts na kailangan nila. Daming machine shops dito at engineers.

--Tigil na yung Japan parts only mentality e sa totoo lang baka puro Thailand parts na nga e. kaya tumataas ang blood pressure ko pag-niyayabangan tayo ng THais kasi naungusan na tayo ng Twin daw natin...

--Hay

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Filipino-made Utility Vehicles in the Past