New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RepotSirc View Post
    I think Dingel idea is not totally impossible but then again it's not his idea.

Have you guys heard of the Hydrogen Vehicle? A hydrogen vehicle is a vehicle that uses hydrogen as its on-board fuel for motive power. The chemical energy of hydrogen is converted into mechanical energy (torque) in one of two methods: combustion, or electrochemical conversion in a fuel-cell:

* In hydrogen internal combustion engine vehicles, the hydrogen is combusted in engines in fundamentally the same method as traditional internal combustion engine vehicles.

* In fuel-cell conversion, the hydrogen is reacted with oxygen to produce water and electricity, the latter being used to power an electric traction motor.

Now, water is composed of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom (H2O). Mr. Dingel might have thought that the water will be a good source of hydrogen to power the "hydrogen internal combustion engine" which operates in the same manner as with the traditional internal combustion engines that we have today. He was thinking to break the 2 hydrogen atoms from the atom of oxygen and thus effectively producing hydrogen.

I hope you now see the connection.

Again, I think Dingel idea is not totally impossible but then again it's not his idea.
    Then please explain scientifically how his hydrogen car produced CO2 and Carbon monoxide.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Then please explain scientifically how his hydrogen car produced CO2 and Carbon monoxide.
    hirap sagutin yan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    baka may tubig na may octane yung ginamit.

oops. gasolina ata tawag dun

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Meron naman electric cars. ICE are not efficient and all these burning of non-renewable sources has been the scourge of modern man. Kaso people like Dingle prey on the uninformed (or misinformed?) and play pseudo science as science.

When electric cars become more viable (right now they are low capacity devices carrying fever people and cost more) or are alternative for city driving (kasi nga yung short trips at stop-go style of driving in the city burns gas like hell) then perhaps we see a future with electic cars or having both electric cars for city driving and the gas guzzlers for going out of town. Add to that solar charging of the batteries for electric cars which could extend their km rating.

For now scammers abound but soon will be weeded out.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think Dingel idea is not totally impossible but then again it's not his idea.

Have you guys heard of the Hydrogen Vehicle? A hydrogen vehicle is a vehicle that uses hydrogen as its on-board fuel for motive power. The chemical energy of hydrogen is converted into mechanical energy (torque) in one of two methods: combustion, or electrochemical conversion in a fuel-cell:

* In hydrogen internal combustion engine vehicles, the hydrogen is combusted in engines in fundamentally the same method as traditional internal combustion engine vehicles.

* In fuel-cell conversion, the hydrogen is reacted with oxygen to produce water and electricity, the latter being used to power an electric traction motor.

Now, water is composed of 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom (H2O). Mr. Dingel might have thought that the water will be a good source of hydrogen to power the "hydrogen internal combustion engine" which operates in the same manner as with the traditional internal combustion engines that we have today. He was thinking to break the 2 hydrogen atoms from the atom of oxygen and thus effectively producing hydrogen.

I hope you now see the connection.

Again, I think Dingel idea is not totally impossible but then again it's not his idea.
    Nope. I don't see the connection.

Typical hydrogen powered car is actually using a fuel cell. A fuel cell is a device which uses hydrogen and oxygen and produces water and electricity.

Dingle's "concept" is to use water and electric power from the engine to split water using electrolysis and then feed the resulting hydrogen/oxygen mixture into the engine as fuel. The "fuel" is burned by the standard internal combustion engine and so powers the process.

Dingle's system might sound fine but it totally disregards the friction and heat losses in the system. Nothing is 100% efficient. But for Dingle's concept to work, it has to be OVER 100% efficient.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Dingle's system might sound fine but it totally disregards the friction and heat losses in the system.
    Kaya nga there is still room for research. There are still a lot of flaws in his design/ invention (if you want to call it an invention) but the concept is there and the concept alone is what you need to start your research.

Nagkamali lang si Dingle sa pinirmahan nya ng kontrata, (correct me if I'm wrong) ang pagkakaalam ko dapat mkapag-produce sya ng working prototype at don sya ngkamali kc research un eh you do not know if your idea will work or not, kaya k nga ngre-research kc un ang gusto mo malaman eh. Ngaun kung gumana or maganda ang kinalabasan ng research eh di ayos, pero kung hindi nmn eh ng-sayang ka lang pera,at ito rin ang dahilan kung bakit bilib ako sa US kasi they invest on research palibahasa marami pera.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Philippine Daily Inquirer, Dec. 20 2008

MANILA, Philippines—Daniel Dingel, 82-year-old inventor of a “water-powered car,” has been convicted of “ESTAFA” [swindling] and sentenced to a maximum of 20 years imprisonment by the Parañaque City Regional Trial Court.

Dingel was found guilty of taking $410,000 from Dr. John Ding Young of Formosa Plastics Group, a Taiwanese company, which gave it to him as research and development funds.

“Mr. Dingel did not use the money for the purpose it was intended,” the court decision said. “...He excused himself from producing or developing the prototypes allegedly after entertaining the notion that his invention would be stolen. Since he thought of it, he should have returned the money to Dr. Young and told the latter to forget his invention.”

The decision said that instead of returning the money, Dingel withdrew $375,603.89 from his bank account and left only $500.

“He admitted withdrawing the money after learning that a suit had been filed against him,” it said. “His act of immediately withdrawing the money indicated bad faith on his part.”
    MAGNANAKAW at ESTAPADOR si Dingle, plain and simple.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya nga there is still room for research. There are still a lot of flaws in his design/ invention (if you want to call it an invention) but the concept is there and the concept alone is what you need to start your research.
    Dingle wasn't researching anything. He was trying to scam the government to give him cash for his design.

Nagkamali lang si Dingle sa pinirmahan nya ng kontrata, (correct me if I'm wrong) ang pagkakaalam ko dapat mkapag-produce sya ng working prototype at don sya ngkamali kc research un eh you do not know if your idea will work or not, kaya k nga ngre-research kc un ang gusto mo malaman eh. Ngaun kung gumana or maganda ang kinalabasan ng research eh di ayos, pero kung hindi nmn eh ng-sayang ka lang pera,at ito rin ang dahilan kung bakit bilib ako sa US kasi they invest on research palibahasa marami pera.
    he claims to have a real working prototype yet he avoids having tests to prove if his car really runs on water or has a hidden small tank of gasoline to keep the car running.

He is just a fraud who has been proven guilty beyond doubt.

Here is the challenge. If Dingle's design really works, why doesn't he apply the same design on a power generator to provide virtually free electricity for anyone who wants it? Reason, there is no place on a generator to hide a small fuel tank to keep it running to fool the curious and gullible.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Dingle wasn't researching anything. He was trying to scam the government to give him cash for his design.

he claims to have a real working prototype yet he avoids having tests to prove if his car really runs on water or has a hidden small tank of gasoline to keep the car running.

He is just a fraud who has been proven guilty beyond doubt.

Here is the challenge. If Dingle's design really works, why doesn't he apply the same design on a power generator to provide virtually free electricity for anyone who wants it? Reason, there is no place on a generator to hide a small fuel tank to keep it running to fool the curious and gullible.
    Good one It's sad to see people still think there was anything legitimate about Dingle and his invention. He is just another fine example of corruption without regret. You think Dingle feels bad about lying to the world, I highly doubt it. If he had managed to get govement funding then he would have been stealing the money from the people which makes him 10 times worse than just a normal scam artist and no better than a plunderer.

That's just my take on it.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Agree.

The concept is important.

Usually, after more research improvements can be done.

Although I have doubts about Dingel. No demo at all.

Actually, There is already a company is Japan claiming and marketing a "water powered" car
    Last edited by jpdm; May 4th, 2009 at 10:45 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Dingel-The Reclusive Pinoy "Inventor"