New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Just got a look of the 508 in Rockwell. Very good value for the price. I did some research though and saw that it is made in France and China. Although they say that the made in china units are for the China market only. Anyone knows if this really cbu from France?
    If it's Diesel-powered, I'm almost sure it's a French CBU. Diesel-powered passenger cars are not so popular in China.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    they are CBU from France. the ones made in China are under Dong Feng I think. I love the second look I get from people unfamiliar with the brand/logo. btw, it's a nice drive. suspension is very good and so is the engine. (have a 2.0L unit) and the refinement for a diesel is also good. NVH I'd say at 8/10.. road noise minimal. An undercoat could make it 9/10

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Anybody here who has driven their sequential manual transmission? how is it compared to driving an automatic?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Expert Tepee and 205 GTI soon to hit Philippine shores...saw them at the Peugeot booth in the last Auto Focus Car Show.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ACarEnthusiast View Post
    Anybody here who has driven their sequential manual transmission? how is it compared to driving an automatic?
    Hi,
    i had a test drive with the 1.6 HDI FAP 110 with the EGS6 Automatik Transmission.
    You have the same drive and feel like with an manual shifted tranny when the tranny switch from 2. to 3. gear (or 4. to 5 and so on) your body moves a little bit forward in the moment the automatic clutch is working.
    I hope you understand what i mean.
    The old technology with the torque converter is shifting absolut smoth, you dont feel the shifting moment, also the new technology the DSG Transmission from Volkswagen and Audi switch smoth.
    The new Peugeot EGS6 Tranny is manual tranny that is converted to a auto tranny and have a normal clutch but controlled from electronic unit, solenoids, vacum actuator, servo motors and so on.
    You have to accept this, the good thing is that the fuel consumption is lower than the the old technology auto trannys.
    The normal peugeot auto tranny with tourque converter is good and works smoth but needs a lot of fuel more (approximate 2l per 100km) than with the manual tranny.
    My own 2012 308 2.0 HDI needs 6.5 l per 100km (1l = 15,3km) Diesel, the auto tranny version needs 8,8l per 100 km (1l = 11,4km), that is a lot more.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Pending price increase in most of their models...bad move....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    ANybody had a chance to test drive the Expert teepee? So far, had a chance to check out the unit sa Greenbelt. Door feels light, which reminds me of L300. Plastic feel is not of German quality. Quiet engine when started and revved. Just curious how it performs on the road.

Planning to purchase one next year to replace the '13 3.5L Ford Explorer.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Had the chance to drive the 5008 active variant 1.6eHDI with automated manual tranny. I do agree with the comment that you still feel the push-back when the tranny shifts gears. I tried the paddle shifters and it was quite fast to shift and since it's a diesel the acceleration is good. The interior is nice with good materials and the seats support you well. There are a lot of toys even at this entry variant and the HUD is cool especially at night. The only thing I could have asked for is a better head unit. The wify and mother in-law loved the ride and they said it was smooth even when I intentionally ran over a series of uneven roads and potholes. NVH is good and you can barely hear the engine even when at high RPM. It takes some getting used to with the start-stop function and the tranny but I loved the paddle shifters so it's a small thing for me. Child-lock control is centralized at the driver's door with a switch so no need to manually lock each door. Central door lock switch is on the center console so very easy to reach. As per SA, door locks automatically when 20kph is reached. Electronic park brake automatically engages when you turn-off the engine and the aircon automatically turns-on in sequence (delayed) after you start the engine which is nice. Dual zone climate control with second row vents and temp can go done as low as 14degC. The EcoMode button located near your left knee controls the start-stop function so you can turn it off. It has the ESP, HAC, etc... 3rd row seats fold-flat under the floor and 2nd row seats fold, tumble and slide. A lot of compartments and cubby holes with a cooled compartment at the center. Bluetooth with speakerphone function and the panoramic moon roof are also nice. Over-all the 5008 is a great car for me and would suit people looking for a 5+2 seater mini-van type vehicle that's almost fully loaded.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Can somebody post real-world consumption figures for the 508 2.0 HDi Allure please?
    Rush hour, city driving in Makati, EDSA, greenhills if possible. Thanks!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678