New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    masama ba? it affects alignment daw? any other would be problems?

i'm planning to put rubber spacers muna to maintain ride height. temporary solution lang ba 'to?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spacers will eventually sag and thin out quicker than bnew coils.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depending on the car, you can get brand new replacement coils.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    temporary solution lang yan. baka lumaki pa yun gastos mo sa remedyo.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    thanks sa replies.
    tanung ko lang, anu ba worse na puede mangyari kung hindi agad mapalitan yung coil springs? posible ba maputol yun

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how do you know if your coil springs are weak? how do you know if your suspension is bottoming out on bumps?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It depends how bad those springs have sagged, some were down to 50% of their height which should also lessen the amount of load you could load on it. Unless it is overloaded past your original loading weight, it won't snap.

Common signs of weak springs are sagging below normal height, inability to load its intended capacity. Bottoming out on humps or bumps means shock absorber is due for change.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I purchased replacement springs (BCK brand) for my car. They had much thicker coils, so the ground clearance is around 5 fingers with stock wheels, a bit higher than the original. This certainly sags less than before, but the ride was somewhat harder.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    how do you know if your coil springs are weak? how do you know if your suspension is bottoming out on bumps?
    sabi ng friend mechanic ko.
    in my case the height at the back is lower by almost an inch. tires sometimes hit the fender especially when i pass bumps.
    when going slowly on humps, i get this "rear shaking" feeling. for a second lang naman. sa highway naman, parang maalon yung takbo ng auto.
    temporarily i have put spacer/lifter.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ma alon? shaking? sounds like the shocks need replacing too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
weak coil springs