New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    buknoy, hindi naman mag overheat yung sasakyan pag walang coolant (only water). most jeepney hindi naman gumagamit ng coolant pero hindi naman nag ooverheat. kahit nga yung lancer box type namin hindi din nag overheat kahit distilled water lang gamit namin.

alnr, best thing to do is to check your owner's manual. depende din kasi kung ilan yung laman ng radiator sa sasakyan mo. or pwede din drain mo yung laman ng radiator then fill it with water by liter. para ma measure mo ilang liter ang kasya. then drain the water again and this time fill it with 50/50 mixture of coolant and distilled water. what i did before was I use an empty 1 liter bottle then fill half a liter of distilled water and half a liter of coolant. then saka ko binuhos sa radiator until mapuno yung radiator and sa max ng reservoir.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mcbry, thanks ha. check ko manual nung auto. ok din yung suggestion mo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pano kung 100% coolant pwede ba?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry
    toyota sell pre-mix coolant (50/50 ratio yata ito). we use 50/50 distilled-water/coolant ratio.
    Brod pwedeng magtanong magkano ba ang coolant sa toyota,caltex,prestone etc?salamat

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    reviving an old thread...sorry for this guys...

san nilalagay ang Engine Coolant? dun ba sa container na nakalagay "coolant only"?

Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You fill both the radiator and the reservoir (jug) with the correct mix on most vehicles (separate cap for radiator and reservoir). If the coolant reservoir and the radiator have only one cap, that is where you fill.

I use 50/50 so I don't have to worry so much about diluting the mixture during top-ups.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kools View Post
    taka lang me kong ano talaga gamit ng coolant just for preventing corrosion lang???? thanks po sa reply

Meron. Caltex Radiator Conditioner. No antifreeze properties. It's what I use on my watercooled computer.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Can you mix different brands of coolant but same type or not? Ex caltex mix with prestone. Also if the manual says use dexcool type coolant will it matter if i use a different type say ethyl glycol?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Normally 50/50 ang recommended ratio ng manufacturer but you can

decrease it to 80/20 because tropical climates like Pinas, useless na

ang properties niya to prevent freezing so the anti-boil and rust properties

na lang ang habol natin.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, coolant is recommended even in tropical weather. Tech&tuner did an excellent article on this, also.

Basically, at 50/50, your boiling point is raised higher, so your fluid will have less chance to boil over, at lower ratios, the boiling point of the fluid is lower, and the possibility of having water boil at cavitation points within the engine increases.

While it's possible to run engines on 100% water, a 50/50 mix will give you much better performance.

And like I said a few posts (and a few months) back, there are already systems using 100% coolant (not off-the-shelf stuff, special coolant), and the guy I talked to who uses it for his racing car says it gives much better performance than a mix.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
water-coolant ratio??