New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I’m planning to drain my radiator and how much coolant should I put? May ratio ba ang tubig at coolant na ilalagay? Thanks in advance. panigurado lang para sa long drive.... iwas over heat.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    most owner's manual would say 50/50, pero sa hot places like RP, i'd go with 80/20 or even 90/10 (distilled water/coolant). konting coolant lang naman kelangan mo to prevent corrosion.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    toyota sell pre-mix coolant (50/50 ratio yata ito). we use 50/50 distilled-water/coolant ratio.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    di po ba ang coolant is just to prevent over heating??? tama po ba ko??? taka lang me kong ano talaga gamit ng coolant just for preventing corrosion lang???? thanks po sa reply

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    coolants just prevents water from boiling. kasi coolant raises the boiling point of water above 100 celcius. kapag nagboil kasi ang water,it will produce steam, magcreate sya ng pressure sa loob ng radiator. e wala naman exhausta ang steam, pwede magleak water sa gasket inside the engine, plus if water boils, it lessens the effectivity of water to cool the engine

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oo nga... I've been looking this up, since I used to think 100% or 90% water is best... it's actually the opposite... 50/50 is optimum, as it raises the boiling point of water about 6 degrees... 70% coolant raises the boiling point 13 degrees.

There are special coolants for sale that allow you to use 100% coolant (waterless system). Ford uses this on the new Focus, and it has a lifetime guarantee. Some of the Miata club boys also run a waterless coolant system in their cars for track use.

Of note: these special coolants ARE NOT the same as the off-the-shelf stuff.

So, in answer to the original question? 50/50 ka nalang, dude.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    its best to refer to your owner's manual for the proper mix ratio. if you want a hassle-free application, there are some products that are already pre-mixed (50-50 ratio already) like peak (saw it dati sa price smart fort boni); pag pre-mixed kasi just pour it into your radiator and no more need for observing mix ratios

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Also, most coolants contain anti-rust chemicals, so they help protect your radiator.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    what will happen if 30 coolant n 70 water?

overheat?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ilang liters ba ang radiator? so kung 50/50 mixture, ilang liters ng distilled water and coolant, also what brand of coolant.

thanks!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
water-coolant ratio??