New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Matibay ba itong mga to? Won't this crack in the long run?

I understand the Echo was the first VVTi equipped engine in the country. Any negative feedback on these plastic intake manifolds in your long term ownership?

Another thing about these new VVTi engines. I noticed they have only 1 auxiliary fan. Any overheating problems encountered with VVTi equipped cars in our hot country?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    my auntie has a alties vvti..

no problems naman...

siguro maintenance lang katapat..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    no problems with my Vios vvti... the engine is silent until now. ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plastic auto manifold covers have been around since the late 80's... it's not the first time it's used...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    intake manif eh di naman sobra init compare sa exhuast manifold OK lang yun

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I think ok naman, I've had my Camry for a year ...so far, no problem

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the INTAKE MANIFOLD made of plastic or is it just a cover???

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    aux fan, yung fan sa radiator? dalawa yung sa rav4

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys, I have 06 Honda city 1.3 idsi, it has been jerking slightly for a couple of months now. I always feel it jerking between 1.5-2.5 RPM. but at high speeds, i barely feel that its still jerking, pero hirap na siya mag accelerate. I brougth it already to 3 honda Casa (alabang,pasig, magallanes) wala sila magawa, all they did is 1. regular PMS/Tune up,oil change etc. 2.Throttle body cleaning. sabi ng service advisor TP sensor daw, pero ginalaw un sensor, ramdam ko naman na na nag aadvance cya and delay, so it is working. they also checked fuel pump,filter and its ok, pero d mawala yun jerking nya, super less na yun power nya, tapos ang consumption ko for a full tank (32-35L) before nakaka ave. ako ng 500kms, pero now, swerte na maka 300KMS/fulltank. i brought it to an electrician, sinaksakan ng pang monitor ng computer box, pero all codes are working well.I even brought my friend's city just to compare readings, and the same lang ang results. gusto ng electrician ko is to thoroughly check the air intake system and fuel injectors to check kung malinis, takot lang cya kalasin yun intake manifold kasi plastic and pag kinalas, intake manifold gasket should be replaced. nag inquire ako sa honda Laguna kung pwede bumili ng gasket lang, bawal daw yun,tpos yun price nung gasket e 2k na agad, whereas meron din ako 97 sentra, ang mga gaskets around 300p lang, mapa anong engine gasket. But my question is, is it ok to go performing air/fuel system check to an electrician/mechanic? could you help me to find spareparts that I need for my honda at a reasonable price? or what else should I do before I take my car to the elecrtrician/Mechanic that I know? and, I installed racing filters with my engine a year ago, does it contribute to the jerking that I am experiencing right now? your suggestions will be really appreciated. thanks guys more power!!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jinggatch View Post
    Hi guys, I have 06 Honda city 1.3 idsi, it has been jerking slightly for a couple of months now. I always feel it jerking between 1.5-2.5 RPM. but at high speeds, i barely feel that its still jerking, pero hirap na siya mag accelerate. I brougth it already to 3 honda Casa (alabang,pasig, magallanes) wala sila magawa, all they did is 1. regular PMS/Tune up,oil change etc. 2.Throttle body cleaning. sabi ng service advisor TP sensor daw, pero ginalaw un sensor, ramdam ko naman na na nag aadvance cya and delay, so it is working. they also checked fuel pump,filter and its ok, pero d mawala yun jerking nya, super less na yun power nya, tapos ang consumption ko for a full tank (32-35L) before nakaka ave. ako ng 500kms, pero now, swerte na maka 300KMS/fulltank. i brought it to an electrician, sinaksakan ng pang monitor ng computer box, pero all codes are working well.I even brought my friend's city just to compare readings, and the same lang ang results. gusto ng electrician ko is to thoroughly check the air intake system and fuel injectors to check kung malinis, takot lang cya kalasin yun intake manifold kasi plastic and pag kinalas, intake manifold gasket should be replaced. nag inquire ako sa honda Laguna kung pwede bumili ng gasket lang, bawal daw yun,tpos yun price nung gasket e 2k na agad, whereas meron din ako 97 sentra, ang mga gaskets around 300p lang, mapa anong engine gasket. But my question is, is it ok to go performing air/fuel system check to an electrician/mechanic? could you help me to find spareparts that I need for my honda at a reasonable price? or what else should I do before I take my car to the elecrtrician/Mechanic that I know? and, I installed racing filters with my engine a year ago, does it contribute to the jerking that I am experiencing right now? your suggestions will be really appreciated. thanks guys more power!!!
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER:

-Do not use SMS/TXT format when posting messages
    -Do break up your post into PROPER sentences and paragraphs for easier reading.

The RULES:
    [/SIZE]

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/annou...php?f=123&a=19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
VVTi's Plastic Intake Manifold