New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Could the ash fall last Sunday have any effect on cars even if it was not used? I left my car in the garage Friday and when I started it Thursday, it was shaky for a few seconds (never happened before) Now the idling is lower than usual and feels rough. I am thinking of taking it to the casa for an oil change and general check up but the volcano might erupt again

Re the paint, I washed my car (using the proper process) for 2 days in a row after the ash fall and then I just gave up because it gathers dust daily

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Could the ash fall last Sunday have any effect on cars even if it was not used? I left my car in the garage Friday and when I started it Thursday, it was shaky for a few seconds (never happened before) Now the idling is lower than usual and feels rough. I am thinking of taking it to the casa for an oil change and general check up but the volcano might erupt again

Re the paint, I washed my car (using the proper process) for 2 days in a row after the ash fall and then I just gave up because it gathers dust daily
    Just keep your intake filter unclogged & clean.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Just keep your intake filter unclogged & clean.

Is that included in PMS or I can ask my SA to do that for free?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Is that included in PMS or I can ask my SA to do that for free?
    If you switched to AEM or K&N drop in, then they're DIY washable. If stock, all you need is to replace them periodically when dirty. This helps keep your engine running smooth & efficient. Ask your tech to guide you.... It's really easy.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If you switched to AEM or K&N drop in, then they're DIY washable. If stock, all you need is to replace them periodically when dirty. This helps keep your engine running smooth & efficient. Ask your tech to guide you.... It's really easy.

Thanks for being so helpful It's stock. What is the exact name of the item/part? Intake filter? Is that the same as the air filter?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thanks for being so helpful It's stock. What is the exact name of the item/part? Intake filter? Is that the same as the air filter?
    Helpful should be this forum's default setting.[emoji4]....Yes, intake filter. I'd go stock or good replacement brands like Mann+Hummel, Fram or washables from AEM, K&N, aFe. There's another air filter inside...cabin filter...for the AC.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where are you from? Malapit ka ba sa taal? Since garage naman naka park if you're from manila or kahit south MM hinde naman siguro dapsr ganyan kadumi filter mo.

Anyway, try mo alisin yun air filter mo check kung maraming ash.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Is the ash itself corrosive?

Is it okay to leave the vehicle unwashed for a long time?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Manila. Check ko nga bukas. Nakakapagtaka kasi ngayon lang ako nagka issue na rough idling

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Is the ash itself corrosive?

Is it okay to leave the vehicle unwashed for a long time?
    Wash off.. opt for some high chem resistant wax like soft99 12mo wax. You're better off protected.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast