New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bro, ok ang 2e. efficient engine yan although it is not really a power engine. naka 2e din ako on my bigbody corolla. 10 years na sya and all i have to do is regular change oil. wala pang problema, walang tirik. by now 12km/L on the average and pag tipid mode ang driving ko even beter. on max speed i can still get a 140-150 kph. the best talaga 2e for daily driven cars.

If you're itching for a boost on your driving wag ka na gumastos sa mods for
    2e. It won't do much help. gastos lang. yung brother ko kasi naka 2e din. with all the mods, pareho lang kami ng takbo. in fact mas maganda pa nga yung stock. less trouble.

I suggest engine swap ka na lang. go for 4age silvertop or blacktop. swak yan sa bigbody. may i also invite you to join clubGT. grupotoyota.com.ph.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44 View Post
    This is the one done with a paperclip? Where could this be done? Fuel consumption would significantly increase?
    AFAIK, alambre yata mas maganda! According sa grupotoyota ang mga master daw nito ay sa TTT, sa may Bautista St. Makati.
    About the FC, yup it increases your consumption when simul is activated. Pwede kasing i-set yun kung kailan mage-engage ang simul. For example, if you set it on 70%, when you press the accelerator 70% above, simul is activated but pressing below 70% will be your normal FC!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If you want more power, its easier and much cheaper to just swap the engine. May nagsabi dito about the 4E FTE and I agree...kasi its the same engine block as the 2E, meaning wala ka nang babaguhin sa mounting holes mo sa engine bay, swak po yan. Its got a 16 valve head, then fuel injected with a small turbo...yun ang difference nila. Kasi kung gusto mong i turbo yang stock mo, well nobody really puts a turbo on an engine na 1.3 liter. Toyota did pero they went with 16 valves instead of your original 12. Theres also one thing to be said about factory-mods...those turbo/engine match ups are number crunched and designed by Toyota, meaning napakareliable niyan. With turbos kasi its easy to destroy an engine in a matter of seconds with too much boost if you dont know what youre doing. By the way, the 4E FTE has a top mounted intake system, meaning para makahinga yung turbo niya you need to cut a hole in your hood and install a scoop. Some guys ayaw na binubutasan yung hood nila pero you will lose about 5HP, sakal kasi. Kung ayaw mong magbutas, mag 20V silvertop 4age ka na, wala pang complexities of a turbo (normally aspirated siya). I used to run with a 2E with about 70HP (nagpaalam na siya) and now with the silvertop it's 160HP so you can imagine how much fun Im having.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Sir How Much poh ung aabutin kpag nag pa SIMUL? How much is the Price? Up to ilang n lng ung Range ng Fuel koh.. Im Driving a 97 XL Mdyo Bitin n kc ung hatak gs2 k lng i Try mag Pa simul..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eronfoster09 View Post
    Sir How Much poh ung aabutin kpag nag pa SIMUL? How much is the Price? Up to ilang n lng ung Range ng Fuel koh.. Im Driving a 97 XL Mdyo Bitin n kc ung hatak gs2 k lng i Try mag Pa simul..

And please avoid using TXT/SMS format in typing.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

And please avoid using TXT/SMS format in typing.

Sorry po Sir. San po ba may nag gagawa ng simul my location is around Quezon City. By the way sir pwede poh bang I revert back to normal ung carb ko after Simul??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Turbo for 2E