New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Saw an ads at the other forum, offering turbo and intercoolers for my 2E..

Whats the pro & Cons of having ur engine installed with turbo? beside to the torque that will to the power of my engine, and on the downside, a more consumption of gas.

My fuel consumptions at the moment is 12km/l.

Does it requires a constant tuning when installed the turbo? It's my everyday car, so is it recommended? I want more power on my engine.

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    engine life could become shorter... the 2E was not designed to have turbo torque and power as stock. Thus adding the turbo will put more wear and tear to it.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    engine life could become shorter... the 2E was not designed to have turbo torque and power as stock. Thus adding the turbo will put more wear and tear to it.
    Oic! What can you suggest, so that mag karoon ng konting add'l power and 1300cc engine? How about headers?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    dont need to change the headers.. just stick to stock and proper maintenance lng yan para maganda ang hatak..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    or bili ka nalang ng 2e-turbo... san ba model ng car galing 2e-turbo na engine?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    if you want some power, go for 4afe or 4age. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    or bili ka nalang ng 2e-turbo... san ba model ng car galing 2e-turbo na engine?
    EP71 starlet

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hmmmm, marami namang malakas na 2e. Meron akong kilala na nag 190+ ang bigbody nya na naka 2e. Yun nga lang ayaw umamin ng kalikot ng makina nya hahaha. He still was able to get 10 km/L daw.

Kung gusto mo talaga ng power pero tipid parin, try the 2e's more powerful brother, the 4efte. 1.3l turbo engine na ibabaon ka sa upuan mo sa arangkada, but will still get you 12-13 km/L. Ang alam ko mga nasa 25k ang makinang 'to, so hindi rin nagkakalayo sa presyo ng 4age silvertop.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_noise View Post
    Hmmmm, marami namang malakas na 2e. Meron akong kilala na nag 190+ ang bigbody nya na naka 2e. Yun nga lang ayaw umamin ng kalikot ng makina nya hahaha. He still was able to get 10 km/L daw.

Kung gusto mo talaga ng power pero tipid parin, try the 2e's more powerful brother, the 4efte. 1.3l turbo engine na ibabaon ka sa upuan mo sa arangkada, but will still get you 12-13 km/L. Ang alam ko mga nasa 25k ang makinang 'to, so hindi rin nagkakalayo sa presyo ng 4age silvertop.
    Cge Ill look for it sa banawe this weekend, but for the meantime Ill just stick my car with the stock after reading much of your inputs.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielangelo View Post
    Oic! What can you suggest, so that mag karoon ng konting add'l power and 1300cc engine? How about headers?
    Boss try mo magpa-SIMUL! Yan ang suggestion sa akin ng friend ko if you want a little more kick with your 2E! BTW, ito yung explanation ng simul by "legobrainboy" of grupotoyota:

anu po un simul?

modifying the throttle linkage so that the opening of the secondary chamber's butterfly is dictated by how far you push the gas pedal and not via vacuum.

kasi in stock form, ang carb natin vacuum activated yung secondary chamber. so the carb will feed more gas and air into the engine only when it wants to and medyo may delay pa ito. kapag naka-simul, basta pigain mo yung throttle, bubukas yung secondary chamber therefore giving your right foot direct control over the the carb's behavior.

If you want more infos, read this thread:
    http://www.grupotoyota.com.ph/board/...er=asc&start=0

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    Boss try mo magpa-SIMUL! Yan ang suggestion sa akin ng friend ko if you want a little more kick with your 2E! ...
    This is the one done with a paperclip? Where could this be done? Fuel consumption would significantly increase?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Turbo for 2E