i had my altis serviced at toyota commonwealth for its 65k kms checkup. i went through the usual procedure, with the s/a doing the usual clicking on his computer. he then printed the job order and the usual change oil and filter was indicated plus the other expenses like xcel engine flush, fuel treatment, rags and miscellaneous etc. upon closer inspection of the details, i noticed that he indicated fully synthetic oil. my total estimated bill was 4,200. i just want the mineral/regular based oil since i religiously change oil every 5k kms. i went to him and told him to change it to the regular oil. he sheepishly told me that they dont recommend using regular/mineral based oil. i told him i want the mineral/regular oil. he said okay then reprinted me another job order and now the cost was down to 3,400. while waiting at the lounge i noticed that he placed semi-synthetic. went up to him again and told him, gusto ko regular/mineral based! i was starting to get pissed... the conversation went like this:

Me: gusto ko yung regular/mineral based na oil lang. bakit semi-synthetic yung nilagay mo. diba pinapalitan ko na sayo kanina?
S/A: mam, kasi hindi na namin ni re-recommend yung regular oil.
Me: huh? bakit? makakasama ba or makakasira sa kotse? bakit naka display parin sa showroom yung regular/mineral based oil?
S/A: hindi na yan ginagamit namin, pang lumang kotse lang kasi yan
Me: Huh? ah, basta, yan yung gamitin mo sa kotse ko and tanggalin mo narin yung fuel treatment na nilagay mo.

he then reluctantly changed the item to mineral/regular oil and reprinted the job order and now my total bill was 2,300.
hay naku, very frustrating to deal with these s/a sa casa. kala yata nila bobo lahat ng nagpapagawa sa casa. based from what i read here in the forums, okay naman to use regular/mineral based oil as long as i change every 5k. what matters is i change into a new oil para laging fresh ang engine ko. is the s/a correct with his comments??? hindi na ba talaga recommended ang regular/mineral based oil???
or maybe, he thought that wala akong alam sa cars just because i am a girl!!!