The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    sad whats the problem ?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Its not just toyota. honda is also doing it nowadays. I remember reading in the owners manual that these kind of additives are not needed thats why i was surprised to see it in my parts list when i brought it for the carÂ’s usual PM schedule.

I think they are capitalizing on the fact that most car owners today are unaware that they dont need those things.

For me i remove at least 3 items on the list. Theres the x1-r, a brake stop squeal and a aircon antibac. Saves me at least 2k on my bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1

My lady cousin who owns a 2016 Honda Civic for 1.5 years now just had a scheduled PMS (every 6 months). Umabot ng 8K+ sa bill niya and she asked me bakit kaya ang mahal daw??? Then I asked her to send me a copy of the receipt.

Just a regular change oil using the famous Honda Fully Synthetic Motor Oil 0w-20, oil filter and washer drain plug. Then to my surprise, may X1R engine treament! Bakit pa dapat lagyan ng X1R engine treatment ang isang fully synthetic motor oil ???

Aside from the X1R oil additive, meron pang X1R Petrol System Treatment, Bluechem Fuel System Cleaner at BG Fuel System Drier 100ml !!! Are these recommended to a "less than 2 year old" 2016 Honda Civic? Or to any modern Honda vehicles?

Breakdown of these add ons:

X1R engine treatment 250ml 970.54

X1R petrol system treatment 794.64

Bluechem fuel system cleaner 669.64

BG fuel system dried 100ml 769.99

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    +1

My lady cousin who owns a 2016 Honda Civic for 1.5 years now just had a scheduled PMS (every 6 months). Umabot ng 8K+ sa bill niya and she asked me bakit kaya ang mahal daw??? Then I asked her to send me a copy of the receipt.

Just a regular change oil using the famous Honda Fully Synthetic Motor Oil 0w-20, oil filter and washer drain plug. Then to my surprise, may X1R engine treament! Bakit pa dapat lagyan ng X1R engine treatment ang isang fully synthetic motor oil ???

Aside from the X1R oil additive, meron pang X1R Petrol System Treatment, Bluechem Fuel System Cleaner at BG Fuel System Drier 100ml !!! Are these recommended to a "less than 2 year old" 2016 Honda Civic? Or to any modern Honda vehicles?

"it's a good lesson, learned cheap."
    let us just hope, it is not easily forgotten.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    +1

I remember in our previous 90’s hondas, using additives is like blasphemy. Yet here they are today even endorsing them. How ironic.

Tell your cousin to be wary of this next time. Before leaving the car for a PM service, ask the service advisor for an estimate. These people abuse the fact that most people are clueless about cars and will just pay whatever they see on the bill. Tsk tsk tsk

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post

These people abuse the fact that most people are clueless about cars and will just pay whatever they see on the bill. Tsk tsk tsk

So true. Actually, napakalaking abuse of trust yan because some (repeat, some) car owners go to the dealership with full trust na they will be taken good care of, not ripped off!

Ang proper procedure is to ask first what procedures & parts ang balak nila ilagay for service, and then I-present sa customer for approval before any work is done. Sa mga unaware, wag "amen lang ng amen" sa lahat ng sales talk ginagawa ng dealership, and if you're not too knowledgeable about these things, magpasama kayo sa marunong.

===
    My uncle owned a small talyer so my cousins and I grew up around cars (lalo na yung mga 'senior citizen' na "junker" cars that we'd keep roadworthy one way or another as hobbies) If those "mechanics" at the casa would try to give us the run around, makakarining sila talaga sa amin- in fact, everybody was dismissive of their skills: "Ah yung mga yan, di naman marunong gumawa yan, puros replace pyieza lang alam..." Although admittedly, these new 'computer box' and non-carburated EFI cars are beyond our competence without further techincal training. Ika nga sa Robocop3: "I can do the bodywork... but this isn't a Chevy"

As to those "additives" (I won't mention brands na), pero nung super uso yan (mga 10+ years ago), tapos may home TV shopping commercials pa na: "So and so will bind to the metal parts of your engine, 'eliminating' friction. You can run without oil?!?!" Andami kaming na overhaul na vehicles, mga 2-3 years old pa lang (!) na gumamit ng mga yan. Lalo na yung nasa green na lata na parang 7up can [brand censored]? Naku... sisirain niyan yung mga valve seals/piston rings nyo! We'd examine yung camshafts na so called "treated" PTFE yung metal etc., IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

We'd often also discover some shiny sand-like "tutong" in the oil pans. Ayan yung so called "additive" treatment.

IMHO, just stick to a good synthetic oil if you want these fancy things, or use the specified grade of mineral oil and change it in accord with the "severe maintenance" schedule in your manual.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    So true. Actually, napakalaking abuse of trust yan because some (repeat, some) car owners go to the dealership with full trust na they will be taken good care of, not ripped off!

Ang proper procedure is to ask first what procedures & parts ang balak nila ilagay for service, and then I-present sa customer for approval before any work is done. Sa mga unaware, wag "amen lang ng amen" sa lahat ng sales talk ginagawa ng dealership, and if you're not too knowledgeable about these things, magpasama kayo sa marunong.

===
    My uncle owned a small talyer so my cousins and I grew up around cars (lalo na yung mga 'senior citizen' na "junker" cars that we'd keep roadworthy one way or another as hobbies) If those "mechanics" at the casa would try to give us the run around, makakarining sila talaga sa amin- in fact, everybody was dismissive of their skills: "Ah yung mga yan, di naman marunong gumawa yan, puros replace pyieza lang alam..." Although admittedly, these new 'computer box' and non-carburated EFI cars are beyond our competence without further techincal training. Ika nga sa Robocop3: "I can do the bodywork... but this isn't a Chevy"

As to those "additives" (I won't mention brands na), pero nung super uso yan (mga 10+ years ago), tapos may home TV shopping commercials pa na: "So and so will bind to the metal parts of your engine, 'eliminating' friction. You can run without oil?!?!" Andami kaming na overhaul na vehicles, mga 2-3 years old pa lang (!) na gumamit ng mga yan. Lalo na yung nasa green na lata na parang 7up can [brand censored]? Naku... sisirain niyan yung mga valve seals/piston rings nyo! We'd examine yung camshafts na so called "treated" PTFE yung metal etc., IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE.

We'd often also discover some shiny sand-like "tutong" in the oil pans. Ayan yung so called "additive" treatment.

IMHO, just stick to a good synthetic oil if you want these fancy things, or use the specified grade of mineral oil and change it in accord with the "severe maintenance" schedule in your manual.
    Very true.

I could have slit the throat of any mechanic mixing oil additive to a "fully synthetic motor oil" and mixing 3 types of fuel treatments in one use!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 996turbo View Post
    With due respect Sir, wala pong X-1R na binibinta sa Toyota Dasmarinas, Cavite. I checked. Never had they sold X-1R.
    at this point it will be useless arguing about this (he said sahe said, though i was really offered by the SA) pero kung gayon ay di mabuti at wala silang x1r na pwede nilang ilagay na wala naman talaga recommended sa manual.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I have this same experience at FORD COMMONWEALTH. Nagpa PMS ako sa kanila then may siningit pala na X-1R sa service job na di sinabi sakin. Name of the service advisor is BRIAN. May time sya na sabihin sa akin kung ipapa engine wash ko after matapos ang pms pero wala syang time na sabihin sa customer kung ipapa engine flush using the famous X-1R, which is critical yun kc sa loob na ng engine whereas the engine wash ay sa labas lng tsk tsk. Saka na lng sinabi sa akin nung matapos na gawin at binibigyan ako ng raffle coupon dahil nag avail daw ako ng X-1R nila. Sabi ko , ha??? Panu ako nag avail nyan e ngaun mo lng sinabi sa akin after matapos mo na gawin ? ingat po kau mga paps…

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    I have this same experience at FORD COMMONWEALTH. Nagpa PMS ako sa kanila then may siningit pala na X-1R sa service job na di sinabi sakin. Name of the service advisor is BRIAN. May time sya na sabihin sa akin kung ipapa engine wash ko after matapos ang pms pero wala syang time na sabihin sa customer kung ipapa engine flush using the famous X-1R, which is critical yun kc sa loob na ng engine whereas the engine wash ay sa labas lng tsk tsk. Saka na lng sinabi sa akin nung matapos na gawin at binibigyan ako ng raffle coupon dahil nag avail daw ako ng X-1R nila. Sabi ko , ha??? Panu ako nag avail nyan e ngaun mo lng sinabi sa akin after matapos mo na gawin ? ingat po kau mga paps…

First, it's a Ford

Second it's casa.

Third, you're getting tricked into believing you need ice in winter.

Enjoy the ride

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Someone from X1R Philippines sent me a private message, probably due to my posts in this thread.

The lady was defending their product, tests here tests there. Yup i can also say i’m a pilot but thing is i need proof not just words from their brochure or website. Well i don’t expect much since she’s from marketing (no offense to marketing people)

I did ask her a question i think 3 weeks ago, up to now no reply. My question goes like this:

Is Toyota / Honda HQ aware the their Philippine dealers are using X1-R fuel/oil additives on their products? I asked for an official letter from Toyota / Honda Japan saying that they allow this. Then, i will rest my case.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Toyota casa nag X-1R! Help!