New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    was able to replace my timing belt at CAMEO TBA Center (BF Paranaque) okay ba dun compared to other shops in the area?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    napo91,

nakapag palit ka na? anong mga pinalitan at magkano lahat ang gastos mo?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Total Cost (parts and labor) : P7,900.00 ++

This includes:
    timing belt
    A/C belt
    alternator belt
    tensioner brng/belt
    power steering belt
    idler brng
    water pump
    cam/crank oil seals

utol ko nagbantay, so hopefully nakabit naman lahat ng items.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mura na yan Bro, ang dami palang pinalitan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    around 3-4 hours for the belt. kaya naman hintayin pero it might be better to leave it lalo na kung papalit ka din mga fluids, etc. 1 day tho tapus lahat yan assuming you bring the car early

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HELP!! i have a 2001 vti-s honda civic with 32,000km. my leak na ang engine oil. pina check ko sa rapide, they said i need to replace the gasket/seal and obligado mag palit daw ng Timing belt and Tensioner...... is that normal? kailangan na bang palitan ang belt and tensioner? or just oil seal lang? thanks

hope you can give some advise.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think you don't have to change your timing belt yet since only 32T km pa lang.

Did they diagnose where the leak came from? From the oil pan ba, or baka maluwag lang ang drain plug mo kaya tumutulo ang oil. Pag from oil pan - they will just remove this and put another gasket (palinis mo na rin kung may konting sludge pagtinaggal yung oil pan). If from drain plug - all you have to change is the aluiminum washer (o baka kailangan lang higpitan). Either way mura lang to.

May mga mekaniko na palpak: na-oovertighten yung drain plug at na-loosethread pag oil change - kaya tuloy tumutulo.

I hope the leak is not from other parts of the engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    I think you don't have to change your timing belt yet since only 32T km pa lang.

Did they diagnose where the leak came from? From the oil pan ba, or baka maluwag lang ang drain plug mo kaya tumutulo ang oil. Pag from oil pan - they will just remove this and put another gasket (palinis mo na rin kung may konting sludge pagtinaggal yung oil pan). If from drain plug - all you have to change is the aluiminum washer (o baka kailangan lang higpitan). Either way mura lang to.

May mga mekaniko na palpak: na-oovertighten yung drain plug at na-loosethread pag oil change - kaya tuloy tumutulo.

I hope the leak is not from other parts of the engine.
    ok pre, thanks for the advise. i hope its only the gasket. alam mo, mahirap na talaga kumita ng pera ngayon. kahit maliit lang na sira, sasabihin ng mga shop, lahat na papalitan.. stupid! sige.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    depends which seal it is, kung dun sa may timing belt, and nabasa yung belt mo ng oil, it is better to replace it.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    depends which seal it is, kung dun sa may timing belt, and nabasa yung belt mo ng oil, it is better to replace it.

ang hirap kasi minsan sa mga talyer. kahit seal lang ang papalitan, they will tell you to change the other parts. anyway, do you have any recommended shops for this kind of service? mas maganda kung expert sa honda. thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
timing belt (civic)