New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    peeps, patanong naman. weeks after replacing my aux fan, pansin ko that the temp went up and beyond the 3/4ths mark, even only after about 10-15 minutes of driving with the aircon on. with the aircon off, the temperature immediately drops to below the halfway mark; even after an hour of driving with some stop-go traffic, temperature seems to be stable.

some other facts:
    -- aux fan seems strong, and engages quite consistently;
    -- just replaced the radiator with fresh water/coolant mix;
    -- there doesn't seem to be any water/coolant loss, even after extended driving, and multiple incidences of reaching above and beyond the 3/4ths mark.

i'm starting to suspect that it's the thermostat.

Waddya think?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I concur...

but maybe the aux fan rotation is baliktad. wrong polarity.

o baka may unnoticed na harang sa hagin o hard to reach airflow sa bagong installation...

or the new blades has bigger non-airflow center.
    Last edited by rion; June 24th, 2007 at 12:45 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your suspect is the thermostat, tanggalin mo yung thermostat tapos ilubog mo sa mainit na tubig, you should hear a click, kapag narinig mo yung click then bumubukas pa sya, kung wala then stuck-up thermostat nga

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    is thermostat removal something that a novice mechanic should be doing? baka kasi di ko na maibalik ng maayos e B)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's not too hard to do. just make sure there are no leaks once you have reinstalled it.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Madali lang iyan, just prepare a used yellow folder in case you damage the gasket. Just trace the shape and cut. Gasket maker or sealant is also ok if you have leftovers. I dont suggest you buy a tube dahil baka tumigas lang. sayang. Sana umaga mo gawin para malamig ang makina.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; June 24th, 2007 at 02:50 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    though it's easy to to check the thermostat condition with a boiling water, better yeat, palitan nalang, kasi mura lang ang mga thermostat.

some thermostat do open later even with same specs. I put used same specs thermos on a boling water all at once, and they have different opening time speed.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    did you check your rad cap? it's also possible that your t-stat is not opening all the way... how's your water pump?

stuck thermostat?