New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi guys,

Anybody of you knows a shop who can removed the key to my ignition? I have a 2002 Bighorn and I have been searching the forums for ways to solve my problem. So far, all the suggestions didn't work so I am planning to bring it to a shop as a last resort.

Do you know any shops that specifically handle this particular scenario? By the way, I am from Paranaque.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by stolen*soul View Post
    Hi guys,

Anybody of you knows a shop who can removed the key to my ignition? I have a 2002 Bighorn and I have been searching the forums for ways to solve my problem. So far, all the suggestions didn't work so I am planning to bring it to a shop as a last resort.

Do you know any shops that specifically handle this particular scenario? By the way, I am from Paranaque.

you might already have tried because you said so. but try this again: spray wd 40 or similar spray lubricant into the keyhole, grasp the steering wheel and gently turn either direction alternately while attempting to turn the ignition.

if your situation is that the ignition turns but the key fails to eject, spray wd 40 and attempt to loosen it from being stuck. good luck or take it to your favorite locksmith

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ganyan din ang nangyari sa patrol ng dating office ko. ginamitan ng spare key (duplicate kung saan saan lang) para sa ignition. Di na mahugot yung susi tuloy.

Damage: 5K sa nissan casa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    What do you mean by "stuck". just plain stucked and not broken? Does your bighorn have an automatic transmission?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    What do you mean by "stuck". just plain stucked and not broken? Does your bighorn have an automatic transmission?
    Yes Sir... It's plain stuck (walang sira) at I am still able to use it to start the engine. Automatic tranny ung bighorn sir.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    some car models are equipped with ignition key lock. you will not be able to pull it out unless it is in
    Park Mode. But sometimes even when placed in Park Mode, the mechanism to release the key fails or
    is broken.

Stuck Key on Ignition