New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    pre....mukhang humihingi na ata ng kapalit si rav4 mo ah...
    Hahaha... hindi pa naman - 5 more years pa! Minor quirks lang naman (expected na naman at 110,000+ kilometers). :D

Doesn't affect the steering or braking... nakaka-irita lang. :seeth:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Hahaha... hindi pa naman - 5 more years pa! Minor quirks lang naman (expected na naman at 110,000+ kilometers). :D

Doesn't affect the steering or braking... nakaka-irita lang. :seeth:

try replacing your brake pads with ORIGINAL pads.. not those replacement pads... double piston ba calipers mo?? same thing happened to my kia carnival nag replace ako ng brake pads and reface ng rotors after two weeks may squeaking sound na nakakairita lalo na pag na sa side ka ng road nag bounce yung sound ang ingay....kahit lagyan ng kung ano ano chemical na anti-squeak may ingay pa din.. i carefully inspected yung pads eh slightly warped pala due to extreme force applied by dual piston brakes...then i used an ORIGINAL brake pad.. ayun nawala na squeaking sounds... hehehe also when installing yung caliper bolts (2 bolts holding the calipers in place) make sure na may grease na nakalagay sa loob to avoid naman yung clanking sound...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if maparinig mo when you bring it back it might be easier to find the root cause

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speedy, will try to bring the car ASAP... just busy din kasi. mahirap marinig kapag maingay din kasi ang daan... maybe we can do a road test sa may gold loop in ortigas.

yapoy, am using tanabe performance brake pads (thanks to it - a stray dog is alive - hehe)... am pretty sure it's not the culprit and will not warp... the squeaking noise (sa left side lang naman) came after i had my rotors refaced.

there is no squeaking sound kapag na lubak or hard braking or whatever... kapag nag turn lang ako to the left... the tighter the turn the noisier it gets.

bigbigcar.com Review: Ford Everest XLS 2.5 TDCi 4x2

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Check the wheel bearing. I've had the same thing happen on two vehicles and it was the wheel bearing.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope it isn't the wheel bearing... though I know a Rav4 owner who had a wheel bearing problem before and the symptoms was different.

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    allright i'm out of the country din til the 24th so sakto timing ng pagkabusy mo. hehehe! seeya soon though!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I hope it isn't the wheel bearing... though I know a Rav4 owner who had a wheel bearing problem before and the symptoms was different.

bigbigcar.com Review: Toyota Avanza 1.5G
    Symptoms aren't always the same. But if you have no noise when braking or hitting a bump then you can eliminate the brakes and suspension. Is it a high pitched squeaking sound? Does it only have the sound when you turn to the left and not the right? Does squeaking only come from one side and not the other? If it's yes to all three then it's your bearing.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bought the car again to Speedyfix's shop... they removed the brake pads and installed it. Then the problem magically went away after their head mechanic road tested it.

Also tested it this morning in our office parking... wala na din.

===

redorange, yup... what you mentioned is basically the symptoms. Though am not sure why it *disappeared* after speedyfix's mechanic inspected it.

:headache:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    bro has it come back pa? it's really a weird problem. hehehe!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Squeaking Sound While Turning in a Tight Corner