New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I read once in a post about resetting the computer of a '03 Lancer MX. but I can't seem to find in the manual where it is most likely hidden (most likely they wouldn't put in the manual anyway). Can anyone help me on this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    diba pag tinanggal ang battery for more than 15 mins na rerest siya?cmiiw.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    others say na remove the battery terminal and step on the brakes pra ma ubos daw ang electricity for ten seconds.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    oo nga ma rereset yung mga previous input, pati tranny pag invects 2/3..not sure kung gano katagal, ako over nigth para sure..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Anywhere between 30 secs to 30 minutes... make sure the key isn't in the ignition. 5 minutes should be long enough.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just disconnect the battery positive terminal for a few minutes. wala naman back-up battery yung computer. ako i always make it a point to disconnect the battery before a long drive to erase the computer memory (in particular the driving style settings). naka-memory na kasi yung driving style na city driving, di pwede yun sa highway na kelangan mag-overtake ng mabilis.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yebo, does the car feel better by doing this before a long drive?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup. kasi pag city driving mabagaal lang arankada di ba, so the computer (of the tranny) memorizes this style of driving and thus it shifts early. sometimes even if you floor the gas it will hesitate before it downshifts. pero after disconnecting the battery the memory is erased and the computer starts from scratch again, no "city driving habits" in its shift pattern. mas maganda arangkada as it stays longer in gear, downshifts readily when you need to overtake, etc.

pero of course this assumes that your highway driving is different from your city driving. if you drive the same way then bale wala.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...akala ko sa PC :D

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hehehe, kala ko din PC...

i agree with yebo's practice of resetting the ECU before and after long drives

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Resetting the computer