New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    UPDATE: Problem solved.

We took the following steps and got the total loss affirmed:

1. Had a lawyer represent us in all dealings with BPI MS. My cousin happens to be the lawyer.
    2. We old BPI that unless the case is resolved within 2 weeks, my entire family would pull out all our accounts.
    3. Told them we'd report the case to the insurance commission and have this horror story published across the internet. My brother owns a digital PR firm which can do the task.

They sent an inspector within 2 days and declared the total loss on the 3rd day. Looks like BPI can move rapidly when it wants to.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by markvilla21 View Post
    Picturan ko pag napadaan ako sa Ford mamaya sir. Personally di ko masyado tinitignan medyo mabigat sa loob.
    The feels, sir.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017

1. Had a lawyer represent us in all dealings with BPI MS. My cousin happens to be the lawyer.
    2. We old BPI that unless the case is resolved within 2 weeks, my entire family would pull out all our accounts.
    3. Told them we'd report the case to the insurance commission and have this horror story published across the internet. My brother owns a digital PR firm which can do the task.

They sent an inspector within 2 days and declared the total loss on the 3rd day. Looks like BPI can move rapidly when it wants to.
    Glad to hear na okay na, sir. Cut losses na lang and still thankful no one was seriously hurt. I got into a similar scenario when I got into an accident 3 weeks ago. Total loss din ang labas. We're still waiting for the insurance's estimate for the fair market value of the car. May I ask sir, how long did your insurance company process the market value of the car as well as the total loss offer? We're also looking to buy another car using the money from the total loss claim. Any input would be appreciated.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009

At least ok na.

Is another everest in the cards? hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Glad ayos na your problem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    Glad to hear na okay na, sir. Cut losses na lang and still thankful no one was seriously hurt. I got into a similar scenario when I got into an accident 3 weeks ago. Total loss din ang labas. We're still waiting for the insurance's estimate for the fair market value of the car. May I ask sir, how long did your insurance company process the market value of the car as well as the total loss offer? We're also looking to buy another car using the money from the total loss claim. Any input would be appreciated.
    Sorry to hear about the accident sir. Hopefully nobody was hurt. In my case, the vehicle was 5 weeks old and madali ang calculation ng FMV. -20% ng SRP ng sasakyan. Still, it took seven weeks to declare a total loss. Yung actual na pag stop ng payment and reimbursements matatagalan pa. But I'm just relieved na medyo may closure na po.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    At least ok na.

Is another everest in the cards? hehe
    I love the Everest. Great value for money. Di naman sa superstitious ako pero medyo traumatic na sya sa akin. Fortuner na muna. Sa next Everest na lang uli kami hehe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Glad ayos na your problem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sorry to hear about the accident sir. Hopefully nobody was hurt. In my case, the vehicle was 5 weeks old and madali ang calculation ng FMV. -20% ng SRP ng sasakyan. Still, it took seven weeks to declare a total loss. Yung actual na pag stop ng payment and reimbursements matatagalan pa. But I'm just relieved na medyo may closure na po.
    So in this case, how does the math work out?

Example: to make things easier let us assume the price of the vehicle was 1M, and you made a 20% DP of P200,000, and owe the bank a total of 1M (factoring in interest na)

You have paid approx 2 months worth of amortization already...

Ano yung irrefund sa inyo?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Have you asked ford why the airbags didnt deploy? Baka may habol ka rin sa ford if ever i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JJB; November 22nd, 2017 at 09:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    So in this case, how does the math work out?

Example: to make things easier let us assume the price of the vehicle was 1M, and you made a 20% DP of P200,000, and owe the bank a total of 1M (factoring in interest na)

You have paid approx 2 months worth of amortization already...

Ano yung irrefund sa inyo?
    I'll povide an update when the final numbers are in. But basically, the bank manager explained that the amortizations will be written off. Magkakatao pag binawas sa insured amount yung depreciation and total of all amortizations+interest. Yung sumobra ang rerefund pag meron.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast