New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sidewalls were not designed to be repaired.

But almost any shade tree vulcanizing shop can 'stich' it up for you.

Medyo mahal nga lang. Php 350.00 for an inch long gash on the sidewall of a 31X10.5R15 tire.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Just want to share this modus of some vulcanizing shops. Months ago, I had one of my tires vulcanized. As a nearby gas station cannot do it for me at that time, I asked for other shops and they directed me to a nearby shop. Upon checking the tire, the shop boy said it had multiple puncture, 6 or 7 in total. I wondered how it happened but I still had it done. It turns out that it was deliberately punctured. The cost is based on the # of holes so it naturally jacks up the price.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    Just want to share this modus of some vulcanizing shops. Months ago, I had one of my tires vulcanized. As a nearby gas station cannot do it for me at that time, I asked for other shops and they directed me to a nearby shop. Upon checking the tire, the shop boy said it had multiple puncture, 6 or 7 in total. I wondered how it happened but I still had it done. It turns out that it was deliberately punctured. The cost is based on the # of holes so it naturally jacks up the price.
    Kapag nagpapa-vulcanize ako binabantayan kong mabuti mula pagtanggal ng gulong ganggang paglubog sa tubig para ma-check kung ok na. Usually ang cause ng puncture pointed objects (pako o screw) kita agad sa labas ng gulong. Mabilis lang naman magpa-vulcanize kaya ok lang na bantayan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    were the multiple punctures the cause of your flat?
    or were they intentionally added to (what was probably) your only one puncture?
    if they were being observed during the procedure, they would not have been able to add to your troubles.

whenever i have my tire patched, i always observe the guy doing the repair, who usually sees the offending cause, still embedded in the tire... a nail, a screw, a twisted fragment of galvanized roofing, even a peso coin!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    they were intentionally added. the flat was caused by a nail. I suspect they have something sharp under the drum where they submerged the wheel.
    I don't think that by just observing, you will immediately know something is fishy, especially if you have no experience on what they do.
    Yes, I have seen that there was a nail but I have also seen the multiple bubble points on the same area.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    speaking of punctured tires, ayun, nadali ako kahapon ng mala-pako na bakal at nakausli sa sidewall ng left rear tire ko. naisip ko bunutin kaso baka pagpasok ko kanina ng madaling araw eh dapa na ang gulong ko so i left it there, drove papunta sa office, checked it every 2 hours, awa ng DIYOS di pa naman dumadapa...sinabihan ako ng magpavulcanize na near sa office lang kesa hintayin ko pa pero pagbaba ko ngayon lang, ok pa naman. plano ko kasi magpavulcanize sa dating pinagpagawan ko nung nadali naman ako ng screw...sana kanina pero, sarado pa pagpasok ko. minsan, ok din ang humihingi ka ng recommendations sa ibang T/S dito or sa mga kakilala mo instead na magpavulcanize ka lang sa mga pwede mong madaanan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    kung saan ako bumili ng gulong dun din ako nagpapa-vulcanize. Wala akong tiwala sa mga tabi-tabi lang, most of the time over-pressure ang gulong kapag nilagyan ng hangin kasi estimate lang walang maayos na gauge. Delikado baka sumabog pa ang gulong

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    sir *rudy_corolla, dun sa pinagpavulcanizan ko before, machine na gamit nila tapos after magawa, meron talaga silang sukatan kung ilang psi ang nilalagay mo sa gulong mo. pero pansin ko, by standard ata 30psi kadalasan pero sa gulong ko usually 33-35 psi.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvingkamotekid View Post
    sir *rudy_corolla, dun sa pinagpavulcanizan ko before, machine na gamit nila tapos after magawa, meron talaga silang sukatan kung ilang psi ang nilalagay mo sa gulong mo. pero pansin ko, by standard ata 30psi kadalasan pero sa gulong ko usually 33-35 psi.
    those psi measuring instruments, can go out of whack if not properly maintained.
    i even see them out of calibration, straight out of the package.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    they were intentionally added. the flat was caused by a nail. I suspect they have something sharp under the drum where they submerged the wheel.
    I don't think that by just observing, you will immediately know something is fishy, especially if you have no experience on what they do.
    Yes, I have seen that there was a nail but I have also seen the multiple bubble points on the same area.
    i'll keep this in mind.
    and at the first suspicion, i'll immerse my hand into that half-drum of water, at dadakmain ko yung instrumento.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
recomended vulcanizing shop