New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... the problem with slicks, though, is that they're undriveable on the road...

In full drag trim, a FWD car can be on staggered sizes, with larger wheels in front, 14" steelies or worse, emergency spares in the back. The front tires will be 15" or so, with wide tires partially deflated for extra launch grip...

Can't imagine driving on that everyday... even though the dragsters drive their cars to the strip...

So low pros with wide rubber will be fine with me...

As a rejoinder, though, I know some fellas hitting 13.5s with 15" rims and 50 series tires, and no funny stuff on the back hubs (full sized wheels there, too) . They're intermediates, though, so they do have to take them off at the end of the day, to preserve their lifespan.
    Last edited by niky; September 26th, 2006 at 01:47 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    OT: Pwede po ba lagyan ng blow off valve ang mga diesel turbos??
    For example kia sedona it has a 2.9 tutbo intercooled engine! pwede ko ba lagyan yan ng BOV??TIA

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends, I think... I don't know if the ECU will like it. And you probably don't need it. Most turbo tuning on turbodiesels can be done via piggyback ECU or chip re-tuning.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ahh.. gusto ko lang sana pag tripan at para astig sana! hehehe....

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Good morning mga bossing.

Medyo interested po ako magpa-install ng turbo kit sa ginagamit kong sasakyan. Hindi po ako racer at hindi po ako adik sa sasakyan. Tamang gamit ko lang po sa araw-araw pamasok. Naisip ko lang palagyan kasi nababagalan ako kung minsan at nabibitin lalo na pag umo-overtake.
    TIA. :cupid2:
    carb pa ba yung Mitsubishi Lancer 1996? o efi na?

turbo is too costly just for an overtaking power needs... kung carb pa siya, di ba puwede rin yun palakasan?.
    Last edited by rion; September 26th, 2006 at 07:01 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Carb tuning is a black art... I remember the last time we did a carb tune... terrible low rpm running, but a hell of a kick once you got the engine spinning. It felt something like +20 hp (which was a big deal on a mere 1.5 liter engine), but -30 ft-lbs of torque... oops.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Again, maraming salamat mga bossing sa replies.

Actually, medyo hindi ko inaasahan na ganito palang ka-complicated yung pag-setup ng turbo, lalo na nung nabalitaan ko last night na yung isa kong kaibigan ay nakapag-setup worth Php60K lang (though I was contemplating kung OK na ba yun kasi parang tinipid naman ng husto, in comparison sa mga ipinayo ninyo).

ssaloon: hardcore adik na pala yung senyo chief. Hehehe. 2.0L + turbo-equipped = kumusta naman po yung fuel consumption niyo?
    niky: medyo madugo din yung overhauling and kahit na sa amin yung shop ay parang mas viable na option na bumili na nga lang ng engine na may turbo, that is, if my current stock engine won't cut it. Pero napaisip pa rin ako doon sa dapat ay AWD yung sasakyan if I am to use and Evo engine (teka, ok lang/safe/"advisable" po ba na iconvert yung FWD to AWD?). And honga pala, anong pinagkaiba ng AWD sa 4WD?
    blink21me: honestly, yes, medyo hindi ko po talaga alam yung ginagawa ko that's why I'm considering na bumili na lang ng buo na kesa sa bumuo from scratch. As you've described eh medyo hindi ko kaya i-take yung risk of setting it up from scratch.
    rion: EFI na bossing. Pero medyo napaisip nga ako doon sa sinabi niyo eh (na medyo costly nga kung pang-overtaking ko lang... hehehe). Ang naiisip ko kasi is if I am gonna dust someone, gusto ko ng gawin ng solid na solid at walang bitin or sabit. Hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    city driving ko nasa mga 6km/liter

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Madugo ang conversion to AWD sa Lancer. If you're concerned about safety and body integrity... wag na lang.

They're going to change your fuel tank, for one, then they cut out the rear multi-link subframe from the body mount. They weld in the rear differential in its place. It's very ugly to watch... an acquaintance did that to his daily driver... inggit ako, pero I never asked for a test drive... too scared of the rear end giving way...

Pero, as ssaloon has said, you can just put the engine in and convert the tranny to front-wheel drive. Okay lang siya as long as pa-easy-easy ka sa gas. But expect consumption to be bad. Maybe 5 km/l in traffic, at worst. Oops... sinagutan pala ni ssaloon...

For me? Your build should include the engine swap plus the suspension, brakes and heavier duty wheel hubs from the Evo. Evo wheels are optional. ...medyo mahal nga lang gawin lahat, so puwede by stages nalang.

The engine swap alone should cost you on the hefty side of 150k. :evil:

Cheaper swap would be MIVEC... mga 50-70k lang yata... that gives you an engine that's at least a match for the 160-170 hp Hondas out there... not sure about the price, cause it's been a long time since I looked.
    Last edited by niky; September 27th, 2006 at 12:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're not into serious track duties or racing, the 2G mivec engine should fit your need for speed since you just want that extra oompf for overtaking purposes as mentioned in your 1st post.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Questions Regarding Turbo Kits