New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    If you guys had 300Thou as budget, what project car would you setup, for use in Drag Racing, RWYB and will be used as a daily driver.

Turbocharged/NA. Aiming 14.00 seconds e/t in 1/4 mile.

Thanks in advance guys... :D

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Pahabol. I'm eyeing on 95 to 97 Cars only... :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung 300t car and the setup ull have a hard time kung 95-97 cars. the best car for ur budget is an eg honda you could get it for less than 2h then spend the remaining 1h sa engine, suspension, paint, and mags.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IGX
    Pahabol. I'm eyeing on 95 to 97 Cars only... :mrgreen:
    95-97 with P300,000 budget?. medyo mahirap yata yun. pero tulad nung sa taas eg honda, kaya lang kapos yung remaining 100K mo for mods.
    type ko old school starlet, tapos mod mo all motor.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with 1.8T, mas trip ko mga old school gawin na project cars. I'd rather get an old school corolla, tapos ibubuhos ko majority ng budget ko sa engine mods. Sleeper type the best! 8)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you plan to use it for RWYB, you'll have aq lot of choices but it will also depend on the bracket that you're aiming at (A, B, C or D).

Kung '95-'97 car for RWYB, i'd suggest you just do the basic bolt-ons (I/H/E) for the engine then you work on your suspension and brake set-up.

Obviously, the Civic will have the most choices available for parts, followed by the Corolla and Lancer. YOu can find the '95-'97 Sentra 1.6L in the 200K to 240K price range but you'll be doing more searching and researching for the available speed and handling parts... but it'll be worth it on the track ;)

In addition, i think you'll be able to squeeze more out your budget if you aim to compete competitively in a RWYB bracket then achieving a 14sec ET in drag. In drag you'll really be working a lot on the engine but in RWYB, even a slightly modded engine and a good suspension and tire set-up , added to some racing lessons and practice, will already be good enough to make you competitive (heck you could even compete your car in stock form).

My two cents...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Corolla or Lancer ok oara maiba naman.

Tama si vinj. Drag ibang set-up, simple lang. Most powerful engine you can make, lightest possible car, stiffest possible suspension and a good clutch.

RWYB / circuit use dapat comprehensive set-up mo. Maganda ang feel ng oto, progressive at the limit tapos wear-resistant ang mga parts.

You'll spend more initially setting the car up for circuit, pero mas masaya and the car will be a pleasure to drive on the street compared to a drag car.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    guys salamat, d ko kasi taste ang old school. medyo pag oldschool kasi d na sleeper dahil alam na ng mga tao na malalakas ang old school.

kailangan ko kasi at least lancer or corolla, good for daily driving at good for at least 4 passengers.

assuming mga 200k ang value ng kotse, 96 lancer or 96 corolla gli (kaya ba?), pwede na ba yung 100k for either an engine swap or turbo?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka kulangin pa yan (100k) sir kasi sabi ng Autoxer dati on one of his post...you could easily reach 100K sa turbo addon pa lang....kung engine swap na me turbo na, palagay ko swerte na kung makabili ka sa 60-75K range ng walang bukasan (o aayusin pa sa loob ng engine).

E ang tamang clutch na pang racing (mahal din eto). Useless ang engine mods mo kung clutch and tranny mo ay hindi kaya ang power mo. Idudulas lang nito...sayang.

Tapos dahil malakas at mabilis na ang sleeper mo, ang pinakaimportante ay ang brake upgrades mo na kailangan and a matching wheels that could give good handling as well as stopping power

....in other words sir magbudget ka ng 300K sa mods para sigurado ka....so mga 500K total so do a better job.

Huwag mong tipidin lalo na sa brakes (unless you don't value your life or the life ng maaari mong mabangga).

my 2 cents. peace.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ang mahal na pala magsetup ngayon, dati kasi nagsetup kami ng utol ko ng 92 lancer gti with 4g63t, e mga 100k yung gastos sa engine, brakes, clutch, tranny.

meron bang ibang alternative?

pano kung 350k ang budget?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Project Car?