New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    pa-ride na lang sa thread na to...
    my ride ('02 honda city, m/t) got "drowned" during milenyo's wrath.
    i manage to get everything up, diy way, after almost 2 weeks (interior clean-up, change engine & gear oil sa gas station, clean up computer box, clean brakes etc.).
    the problem that i face now is that there is a strange hissing sound when i step on the clutch... is this release bearing? or something else..
    TIA..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    * ARB -- hmm..may be just 3 times..hehehe. pero kase i have been opting for the replacement parts only eh kaya siguro hindi ganon...matagal na ang 2 years bago palitan ulit. pero ngayon OEM na binili ko...and i had the master repair kit changed kaninang umaga...my dad drove it before and after and he noticed the difference naman daw so i'll see tomorrow when i go to work.

*Paeng...if you only hear it once you step on the clutch, it's gotta be the release bearing...try to get some opinions too from diff. mechanics. well...first up, it should sound pretty much like loose ball bearings..hehehe.
    Last edited by BeetOls; October 16th, 2006 at 07:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BeetOls View Post
    latest update...
    on the way to work...i noticed that engine doesn't turn itself off even when i leave it at first gear! it just moves forward, parang naka shift sa 4L...it seems na laging na ka engaging position ang clutch ko? any feedback will be appreciated...thanks!

malakas ang torque ng diesel engine, kaya you can move slowly when you shift to 1st gear release the clutch gently without stepping on the gas.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hay!

still have the problem...

i just had the clutch master repair kit changed with an OEM one to no good...

I'll have the master assembly changed tomorrow...wonder how much its gonna cost. whew...hope itll be the last...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    keep us updated bro ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    finally solved the problem...just needed another series of adjusting...

i asked around for the master assembly...and i sure am glad i didn't have to buy it!!!! 9k!

sana nga ok na talaga...hehe.

thanks to all those who replied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Problem with release bearing