New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Looks like my releasing bearing just got noisy after a year when i replaced clutch parts...

i hear noise when clutch pedal is half way (down and up)...had someone diagnose it and he said its gotta be the release bearing...thing is, i just changed it last year with all OEM ones.

Some said this should be benign aside from the irritating noise (which i don't hear when window is closed). kase same labor den ang babayaran just to have it replaced.

so now, is it ok to leave it as is for now? or sabi ren kase ng mekaniko, sooner or later mag stuck up daw yon? is it true?

TIA! =)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, don't fret so much on it. Ang labor charge niyan ay same lang as labor ng full clutch replacement. Siguro 3 years nang ganyan yung Pajero ko. Kaso parang makapal pa clutch kaya hindi pa pinabubuksan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kundi pa naman sliding ang clutch 'wag muna,

ganun din kasi ang labor so better kung isabay sa clutch and

pressure plate replacement. hth:play_ball:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    thanks for the reply guys...life expectancy ko for my disc and plate would be around 5 years sana...so 4 years to go..hehehehe. sana nga di sha bumigay at di ako itirik! nakakapanghinayang nga kung baba ulit ng tranny.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Since this is an ongoing situation, i chose to continue with this thread...

Days ago i checked my clutch fluid and the level was down a bit, as expected/anticipated, i found a leak down by the clutch pedal so i got myself the master and secondary repair kits...after replacing and bleeding, everything seemed ok but the next day i noticed, pedal was very soft and did not push back up as quickly when i released it...did not have any problem with shifting though...as i drove, after around 30mins, i noticed the pedal became stiffer and higher (to the point that i can even shift gears by just pressing the pedal by almost an inch or so)...basta ang tigas. so it thought it had something to do witht the push rod, needing adjustment...

and so nag bleed ulit kami to make sure at adjust push rod...next day came and i had exactly the same problem...had the 2ndary repair kit replaced with OEM one and still the same...now i would like to get some ideas po, baka may nakakaalam or maybe has encountered this problem already...may kinalaman kaya sa release bearing ito? or baka yung clutch master assembly na including the housing? basta sa umaga ang lambot ng clutch and when you press it all the way down, konteng release lang eh kakagat agad, tapos pagtagal eh halos bitawan mo na ang clutch bago kumagat.

by the way...ride is and isuzu pickup LS

TIA as usual...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try to bleed the system again, common problem yan ng isuzu pick-ups once you change the repair kit. mine is also acting up now.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    repair kit lang? baka may leak parin sya internally.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *ARB, this is my first time to have encountered the problem, i mean we have changed repair kit for about 4 times already in a span of 10yrs pero ok naman kahit replacement lang. palitan ko ren kaya ng OEM na master repair kit?

* speedyfix, sir ano pa po ba dapat ang pinalitan? yun naman kase ang usual...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    latest update...
    on the way to work...i noticed that engine doesn't turn itself off even when i leave it at first gear! it just moves forward, parang naka shift sa 4L...it seems na laging na ka engaging position ang clutch ko? any feedback will be appreciated...thanks!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    slipping clutch? or tumutokod ang clutch mo, it engages half only. i remembered you mentioned na you adjusted the rod to compensate for the high clutch pedal.

4 repair kits in a span of 10 years, I think the whole assembly needs replacing na. there might be big scratches na or the bore mismo is big already. me have replaced it once pa lang the lower the upper wala pa since new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Problem with release bearing