New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    The OEM oil drain plug at the casa for the diesel Innova is P282.00.... most drain plug wrench head across most new toyotas is 14mm. My reservation with the quick-release drain plug is security reasons. It is easily drained without a tool. You can end up with a seized engine if victimized... just my thoughts...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by LN106G View Post
    The OEM oil drain plug at the casa for the diesel Innova is P282.00.... most drain plug wrench head across most new toyotas is 14mm. My reservation with the quick-release drain plug is security reasons. It is easily drained without a tool. You can end up with a seized engine if victimized... just my thoughts...
    There will always be pros & cons. Breaking windshields will be much easier than draining oil if malicious intent were to be satisfied...hehe.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?
    Fumoto comes in different fitments for cars, trucks, generators, farm, marine & industrial equipments.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    There will always be pros & cons. Breaking windshields will be much easier than draining oil if malicious intent were to be satisfied...hehe.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?
    Fumoto comes in different fitments for cars, trucks, generators, farm, marine & industrial equipments.

This is actually true sir travajante. but sometimes other people go more than that.. hehe.
    My other concern is the spring tension of this quick release drainplug over time. will it maintain its tension strength enough to maintain the needed seal? as we all know that engine oil is under pressure circulating while the engine is running. or does it have a service lifetime that we have to change them after what mileage? it might leak oil over time if the spring tension weakens and we all know what happens...

thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    This is actually true sir travajante. but sometimes other people go more than that.. hehe.
    My other concern is the spring tension of this quick release drainplug over time. will it maintain its tension strength enough to maintain the needed seal? as we all know that engine oil is under pressure circulating while the engine is running. or does it have a service lifetime that we have to change them after what mileage? it might leak oil over time if the spring tension weakens and we all know what happens...

thanks
    The spring tension is only for the lever, not the seal. It's locked by a notch....w/ the option of an additional locking clip. Even if the spring should weaken, the ball valve seal won't be compromised. The warranty is lifetime. I've had them for years w/ no trouble. Fumoto is Nippon made, has been proven for more than 2 decades & remains a popular enthusiast mod out west. Having this doesn't free us from periodically checking the oil level though.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Same thoughts, only ideal for stationary engines where your sump could not hit any object underneath resulting to cracking or opening the valve.

For that price, i'd rather buy a torque wrench and original crush gaskets, after all the sump hole and plug which is usually heat-treated carbon steel is designed to be fitted multiple times without failing.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Same thoughts, only ideal for stationary engines where your sump could not hit any object underneath resulting to cracking or opening the valve.

For that price, i'd rather buy a torque wrench and original crush gaskets, after all the sump hole and plug which is usually heat-treated carbon steel is designed to be fitted multiple times without failing.
    True, I shared the same thoughts & fears, sir....I do have all the tools you shared, torque wrenches, filter caps & all.... but if you've tried/serviced seized plugs & stripped pan threads, perspectives can change.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    It never changed me as most of the cars are not just for city terrain. I have serviced drain pans mostly damaged after off-roading. The less protrusion the less chances of destroying the pan. Seized plug caused by improper servicing can be removed by heating, but that won't happen if proper tools and gaskets were used in the first place. I always ended up buying the original pan/ drain plug, and advise the driver to be aware of the underbelly clearance and breakover angles esp those with worn engine/transmission mounts.

Drain pans can be repaired by welding with new plug. Cheaper fix but i won't recommend since it entail gasket re-fitting and re-torquing of bolt that would be equivalent to dropping or replacing the whole pan which i'd always choose the OEM route/replacement for better peace of mind.

I'd be happy installing that to the genset as the manual says replace oil every 3mos or 50hrs.

To each his own i guess.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Thought I was the only 1 using it for termite control. It's pretty effective.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?

how do you use this for termite control bro?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    It never changed me as most of the cars are not just for city terrain. I have serviced drain pans mostly damaged after off-roading. The less protrusion the less chances of destroying the pan. Seized plug caused by improper servicing can be removed by heating, but that won't happen if proper tools and gaskets were used in the first place. I always ended up buying the original pan/ drain plug, and advise the driver to be aware of the underbelly clearance and breakover angles esp those with worn engine/transmission mounts.

Drain pans can be repaired by welding with new plug. Cheaper fix but i won't recommend since it entail gasket re-fitting and re-torquing of bolt that would be equivalent to dropping or replacing the whole pan which i'd always choose the OEM route/replacement for better peace of mind.

I'd be happy installing that to the genset as the manual says replace oil every 3mos or 50hrs.

To each his own i guess.
    I do share your points & have never installed nor recommended the valve for off-road use, skid plated or not. And on some premiums where everything under is cramped, I'd rather go the longer proper route to remove the pan & extract the seized plug than risk collateral damage w/ heating in place....Just sharing an option of convenience long available & used, sir.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    how do you use this for termite control bro?
    Kinda OT...hehe....We all know termites are subterranean. Used oil, applied on indoor sub-floor compacted base layer under the moisture barrier before concrete is poured, can serve well as last line defense against em....strictly limited to areas where there won't be surface water seepage that would contaminate the soil & the water table.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast