New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    alas!
    "...does not ship to philippines..."
    my caveat is, medyo mahaba... baka kung anu-ano ang sumabit sa daan...
    It comes in 3 or 4 types per model, doc.
    Just the model number= no nipple
    S=short nipple
    N=long nipple
    SX=side drain
    Optional lock clip=LC10
    On mine are the plain 1s without nipples. Here's a pic...

It's DIY friendly. If you overfill, just open the valve.....no mess.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?
    I've been using Fumotos for a while now on multiple cars. I always check fitment & clearance prior to installation. Never had issues. Reliable. Leak free.
    Please note that different cars have different clearances & thread patterns. Toyotas commonly are M12x1.25. Verify make & model match here:
    Fumoto(R) USA | Quick and Easy Engine Oil Drain Valves

Some vendors in Amazon ship here.
    View View Fumoto F-13 Engine Oil Drain Valvein weshop
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'd suggest instead, buy a proper tool to fasten that plug and probably 1 pack of gasket

Hans Tools 4175NM 1/2" Drive 14" Heavy Duty Click Torque Wrench (Silver/Black) | Lazada PH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    sakto yan torque wrench ah.

19nm for oil filter
    44nm for drain plug

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    It comes in 3 or 4 types per model, doc.
    Just the model number= no nipple
    S=short nipple
    N=long nipple
    SX=side drain
    Optional lock clip=LC10
    On mine are the plain 1s without nipples. Here's a pic...

It's DIY friendly. If you overfill, just open the valve.....no mess.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?
    I've been using Fumotos for a while now on multiple cars. I always check fitment & clearance prior to installation. Never had issues. Reliable. Leak free.
    Please note that different cars have different clearances & thread patterns. Toyotas commonly are M12x1.25. Verify make & model match here:
    Fumoto(R) USA | Quick and Easy Engine Oil Drain Valves

Some vendors in Amazon ship here.
    View View Fumoto F-13 Engine Oil Drain Valvein weshop
    looks good.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    looks good.
    I do DIY maintenance. A must-have for me. Long trusted w/ lifetime warranty. No more oil pan thread-stripping. No plug seizing.
    Imagine the hassle...Had to remove the pan here & weld a lever to remove a seized plug....put a Fumoto in.

Beware of copies....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    sakto yan torque wrench ah.

19nm for oil filter
    44nm for drain plug

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Even most casa mechanics don't follow this by-the-book rule of tightening parts to specs. Kaya dapat bantayan o DIY.

To address the mess and sudden death of mechanics with prolonged exposure to vehicle fluids, get a pack of Ammex nitrile gloves that are durable and reusable.

For ease of change oil get some cheap funnel, a set of fluted cup wrench, steady jacks, crawler.

There your garage is ready for any kind of change oil. Yung mekaniko nalang ang kulang

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Even most casa mechanics don't follow this by-the-book rule of tightening parts to specs. Kaya dapat bantayan o DIY.

To address the mess and sudden death of mechanics with prolonged exposure to vehicle fluids, get a pack of Ammex nitrile gloves that are durable and reusable.

For ease of change oil get some cheap funnel, a set of fluted cup wrench, steady jacks, crawler.

There your garage is ready for any kind of change oil. Yung mekaniko nalang ang kulang
    the most questionable part of DIY oil change, is where to discard the old oil.
    certainly, not the street drain!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I dispose them at nearest gasoline station or use some for anti-termite coating in the farm. Shops have recovery tanks and dispose them back to lube company with recycling facility.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I collect em in drums for recycling, doc.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    I dispose them at nearest gasoline station or use some for anti-termite coating in the farm. Shops have recovery tanks and dispose them back to lube company with recycling facility.
    Thought I was the only 1 using it for termite control. It's pretty effective.Oil Drain Plug Where to buy?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast