New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Do you replace it depending on years (4 years) , kilometers (40,000 kms) or wear?

My car turned 4 already and the tires aren't worn out yet. I'm not sure if casa ever rotated the tires during PMS. The car has about 35k on the odometer. I am wondering if the tires are still safe to use?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Check mo kung ilang taon na yun gulong mo. May manufacturing date yan in this kind of format

First 2 digits will tell you kung pang ilang week siya and the last two will tell you kung anong taon siya ginawa. From my sample, 12th week of 2012 siya.

Kung ako tatanungin, I'll based it sa wear ng gulong at kung ilang taon na ang gulong bago ako magpalit. Max for me will be 6 years bago magpalit ng gulong. Pero may mga gulong na 3-4 years palang eh pangit na ang wear niya.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ms. Cathy, Tire age and thread wear indicator are 2 factors to consider before replacing your tires. Thread wear indicator is a small bump in between the threads. If your thread reach this area, time to change it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tyres are your first point of contact between your vehicle and the road. Just make sure your tyres have not dried out and still has tread that's thick enough. The time to change depends on your tread's condition and the age of the tyre depending on which comes first.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Kapag manipis na

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Most tires have indicator that when it is reached, it "Must" be replaced already. It's usually a triangle that when the apex is reached, it should be changed.

Montero with Bridgestone tires imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1420961403.947844.jpg

Altis with Dunlop tires
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1420961516.616474.jpg

IMHO, I will change tires when the grooves are already gone.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    It depends kung kalbo na or mote than 7yrs na

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende.... kung manipis na o kung may damage na ang side walls or even inner surfaces.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jayteecie View Post
    Most tires have indicator that when it is reached, it "Must" be replaced already. It's usually a triangle that when the apex is reached, it should be changed.

Montero with Bridgestone tires imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1420961403.947844.jpg

Altis with Dunlop tires
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1420961516.616474.jpg

IMHO, I will change tires when the grooves are already gone.
    I think we should clarify that the triangle is not the indicator itself but rather it points to the immediate location of the indicators which are small bumps/bars inside the grooves.

http://www.mytireguys.com/images/tre...cator_nolv.jpg

Manufacturer recommendation is to change pag nag visible na yung indicator sa sideview but since kuripot ako, a little bago pumantay threads and indicator ako palit.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    When to replace tires?

Replace tires when any of the following occurs:

(1) thread depth is <= 3.2 mm
    (2) thread-wear indicators appear
    (3) tire manufacturing date is 5-6 years ago (check the date code on tire side wall)
    (4) sidewall damages (cuts, tears, bulges or bubbles, scrapes, holes)
    (5) tire separation

Thread-Wear Indicator

Most tires have tread-wear indicators built into them. These bars of hard rubber are normally invisible but appear across treads that have been worn down. If these indicators appear in two or three different places, less than 120 degrees apart on the circumference of the tire, replace the tire.

How to check tire manufacturing date?

The DOT date code indicates the tire manufacturing date. This is marked on tire sidewall. If you can't find it on the front, it might be marked on the other side. In this example, date code is "0511" which means 5th week of 2011.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast