New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan
    Have your radiator cleaned of sediments, mineral deposits, and other unwanted matters to a reputable radiator shop.
    how would I say to the mechanic po? "use radiator flush "?

Your radiator is clogged thus disabling water circulation throughout your engine cooling system.
    may idea ka po magkano ang thermostat ng corolla xe? i want to change it nlang po pra avoid problem..

One way of checking this is to run your engine while radiator cap is off and your radiator is full. While revving your engine, check the water. If the water moves in swirling motion, fine. But if the water produces ripples and becomes whitish, tendency is what you are experiencing
    salamat talag sir.. try ko po yan ngayun umaga.. last tanong sir green po coolant ko tapos kpag mag ripples whitish din bah ang labas ng ripples?
    Last edited by finchy18; December 10th, 2005 at 02:48 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy
    ung thermostat sa may waterpump mo matigas na, so di na masyado bumubukas, at napupuno ng tubig ung radiator, which ung sobra pupunta sa reservoir..add mo pa ung baka worn-out mong radiator cap..dapat parehong pressure capacity na ipapalit mo sa radiator cap mo(usually 0.9kg-cm)

either remove mo ung thermostat na un(para tuloy-tuloy na ang daloy ng tubig) or replace it...

got that sir..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    ngayun lng napansin ko umiinit ang makina tapos lumagpas sa full ang pag fill ko ng coolant kagabi ngayun sa reservior eh naguumapaw or nag spill sa tube from the coolant reservior container at malapit mapuno na ang container.. its just like water going out from the reservoir because its boiling and loosing water from the radiator when I open the radiator cap..
    faulty water pump or too much water I pour?

another stupid question po..
    Actually, its not a stupid question. A lot people don't ask question because they are afraid that it might sound naive, or completely dumb on what they are talking about. Then, that is stupid. Coolant expand when it got heated and the only place where it can expel is your reservoir, which is better than pressurizing your cooling loop. To answer your question is that you did nothing wrong, any typical person will fill up his/her radiator if they see that the water level is below the neck of the radiator, and that what the reservoir for, to absorb or temporarily hold excess coolant. I hope this clear out the cloud.

ang downside lang naman ng pag-alis mo ng thermostat na yun ay medyo matagal lang uminit ung makina mo lalo na sa cold "baguio" morning..although it will start, pero minutes lang naman ang naman ang difference in reaching the engine's working temp when you start to move your ride...pero since ang pilipinas di naman katulad ng ibang countries of origin ng cars natin, ok lang wala na yun, since tuloy-tuloy na ung tubig, minimal na chance mong lumagpas pa sa 1/2 ng temp. guage yan..

so take note:
    1.make sure your radiator is clog-free.use 1-3 bottles of radiator flush depending on your radiator's rust content.drain then pour one bottle at a time,run the engine for 5-10 minutes, drain again, then fill with tap water partly open the drain when full, then start the engine...repeat this procedure until the water comes out of the drain is as clear as the water you put in..or a quick way is go to your suking radiator shop, ipasalaksak mo yang radiator mo to remove the rust physically..
    2.make sure of tight fittings
    3.replace or remove that thermostat and check your radiator cap.
    4. check mo kung maganit na ang ikot ng waterpump mo...if so, papalitan na yan ng bearing para smooth ulit ang pag-pump nyan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    how would I say to the mechanic po? "use radiator flush "?

may idea ka po magkano ang thermostat ng corolla xe? i want to change it nlang po pra avoid problem..

salamat talag sir.. try ko po yan ngayun umaga.. last tanong sir green po coolant ko tapos kpag mag ripples whitish din bah ang labas ng ripples?
    aa) no. some radiator mechanics doesnt know the term. sabihin mo lang status ng radiator mo. in order to clean it, they will first pry open the top cover of the rad, (they must be careful about this since your rad cover is just made of breakable plastic of sort, meaning it is disposable), clean the rad vertical jackets with a piece of flat rod while flushing with water, re-mounting the top cover including cap, thence check for any leaks by compressed air with the radiator dipped in a huge pan of water.

bb) no idea on the thermostat. my prev car corolla xl encountered the same problem and it was resolved just by performing the above item (aa).

cc) while revving, if your rad is clogged as i have mentioned in my prev post, by observing the water motion from the top opening, it will produce ripples and the water as you said is green due to coolant dye will become hazy.

Hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    dude,
    just my opinion...patanggal mo na yung thermostat mo...hindi kailangan sa pinas yan...tas replace your cap with the same pressure capacity as your stock rad cap. tapos check for leaks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    cc) while revving, if your rad is clogged as i have mentioned in my prev post, by observing the water motion from the top opening, it will produce ripples and the water as you said is green due to coolant dye will become hazy.

Hope this helps.
    Sir, Good news po! nag swirl ang wate at wlang ripples.. parang hinigop sa loob..

applicable bah mag pa clean ng radiator gamit ang rod pra sa fiber glass na radiator (disposable type) ?

ano po yung "pasalaksak"? cebuano po me sir di ko naintindihan mga malalim na tagalog.. =)

thanx sir!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ang downside lang naman ng pag-alis mo ng thermostat na yun ay medyo matagal lang uminit ung makina mo lalo na sa cold "baguio" morning..although it will start, pero minutes lang naman ang naman ang difference in reaching the engine's working temp when you start to move your ride...pero since ang pilipinas di naman katulad ng ibang countries of origin ng cars natin, ok lang wala na yun, since tuloy-tuloy na ung tubig, minimal na chance mong lumagpas pa sa 1/2 ng temp. guage yan..

ahh i see..

so take note:
    1.make sure your radiator is clog-free.use 1-3 bottles of radiator flush depending on your radiator's rust content.drain then pour one bottle at a time,run the engine for 5-10 minutes, drain again, then fill with tap water partly open the drain when full, then start the engine...repeat this procedure until the water comes out of the drain is as clear as the water you put in..or a quick way is go to your suking radiator shop, ipasalaksak mo yang radiator mo to remove the rust physically..
    2.make sure of tight fittings
    3.replace or remove that thermostat and check your radiator cap.
    4. check mo kung maganit na ang ikot ng waterpump mo...if so, papalitan na yan ng bearing para smooth ulit ang pag-pump nyan.
    need na talaga pa flush ng radiator ko kasi I can see rust na.. and palit radiator cap..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    applicable bah mag pa clean ng radiator gamit ang rod pra sa fiber glass na radiator (disposable type) ?

ano po yung "pasalaksak"? cebuano po me sir di ko naintindihan mga malalim na tagalog.. =)
    panung rod? anu pong gagawin sa rod sir?

pasalaksak - ang pagkakaintindi ko dito eh pabaon, pasubsob, etc...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by umzzzzz
    panung rod? anu pong gagawin sa rod sir?

flat rod daw po pra pang linis sa vertical jackets ng radiator..

pabaon, pasubsob.. di ko talaga na gets po.. (sorry) :confused:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
normal ba ito?