New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ngayun lng napansin ko umiinit ang makina tapos lumagpas sa full ang pag fill ko ng coolant kagabi ngayun sa reservior eh naguumapaw or nag spill sa tube from the coolant reservior container at malapit mapuno na ang container.. its just like water going out from the reservoir because its boiling and loosing water from the radiator when I open the radiator cap..
    faulty water pump or too much water I pour?

another stupid question po..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bump..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    One of the reason would be a clogged radiator. Have it cleaned.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    check nyo po yung container baka may tagas....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nangyari na sa akin yan.

First baka may clog na yung radiator
    2nd baka maleak yung radiator mo
    3rd check mo myung reservoir kung may leak
    4th baka radiator cap.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Water boils * 100 șC at atmospheric pressure, we add coolant to increase its boiling point na kahit 100 șC na ay di pa rin magiging gas, but if it reaches pa rin its saturation point ay ganun pa rin, magiging steam 'to and will over flow sa coolant reservior. If you notice ang level ng full ng reserviour ay almost kalahati lang ng tank so that it will compensate the overflowing water from the radiator. Kung nasobra lagay mo matatapon talaga yon.
    Kung patay na makina mo, babalik uli yong sobrang tubig from the reservior to radiator because mas mauunang mag cool down ang H2O at the radiator because of its cooling fins.

Pag binuksan mo ang radiator cap ng mainit pa 'to at pressurized it will boil * atmospheric pressure kaya matatapon yong tubig mo sa radiator.

That's explain why dumadami tubig sa reservior and loosing water fr radiator if you open its cap when hot.

Mga Gurus correct me po if i'm wrong.

But it is very possible na clog na ang fins ng radiator mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dagdag kay s33...

water, in a vacuum environment like the radiator (kung walang leak) doesn't boil at 100deg. It boils slightly higher than that, around 110 I believe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ss3wiper
    Water boils * 100 șC at atmospheric pressure, we add coolant to increase its boiling point na kahit 100 șC na ay di pa rin magiging gas, but if it reaches pa rin its saturation point ay ganun pa rin, magiging steam 'to and will over flow sa coolant reservior. If you notice ang level ng full ng reserviour ay almost kalahati lang ng tank so that it will compensate the overflowing water from the radiator. Kung nasobra lagay mo matatapon talaga yon.
    Kung patay na makina mo, babalik uli yong sobrang tubig from the reservior to radiator because mas mauunang mag cool down ang H2O at the radiator because of its cooling fins.

Pag binuksan mo ang radiator cap ng mainit pa 'to at pressurized it will boil * atmospheric pressure kaya matatapon yong tubig mo sa radiator.

That's explain why dumadami tubig sa reservior and loosing water fr radiator if you open its cap when hot.

Mga Gurus correct me po if i'm wrong.

But it is very possible na clog na ang fins ng radiator mo.
    My radiator cap wasnt been replace since 10 yrs na ito.. flushed last 4 months.. 50% water and 50% coolant wasnt replace for 3-4 months until now.. my water reservior will not overflow if the engine is cool or not running like in the morning.. but if the engine is hot it overflows and it looses 1/4 of the water of my radiator.. ganyan po napansin ko..

what do you think po? any suggestions po? flush naba ?

what po mga suggestion ninyo mga sir?

ung thermostat sa may waterpump mo matigas na, so di na masyado bumubukas, at napupuno ng tubig ung radiator, which ung sobra pupunta sa reservoir..add mo pa ung baka worn-out mong radiator cap..dapat parehong pressure capacity na ipapalit mo sa radiator cap mo(usually 0.9kg-cm)

either remove mo ung thermostat na un(para tuloy-tuloy na ang daloy ng tubig) or replace it...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    My radiator cap wasnt been replace since 10 yrs na ito.. flushed last 4 months.. 50% water and 50% coolant wasnt replace for 3-4 months until now.. my water reservior will not overflow if the engine is cool or not running like in the morning.. but if the engine is hot it overflows and it looses 1/4 of the water of my radiator.. ganyan po napansin ko..

what do you think po? any suggestions po? flush naba ?

what po mga suggestion ninyo mga sir?
    Have your radiator cleaned of sediments, mineral deposits, and other unwanted matters to a reputable radiator shop. Your radiator is clogged thus disabling water circulation throughout your engine cooling system. One way of checking this is to run your engine while radiator cap is off and your radiator is full. While revving your engine, check the water. If the water moves in swirling motion, fine. But if the water produces ripples and becomes whitish, tendency is what you are experiencing now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
normal ba ito?