New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    baka yung ipo-post ni "rallyrick" is yung pang-clean ng engine.
    although if you want good detergency but not as harsh as kerosene (kasi yung kerosene it will remove all the carbon deposits, eh kung luma na makina mo baka magka-blowby pag natanggal lahat nung carbon) i've heard that a 1:3 blend of ATF (automatic transmission fluid) and ordinary mineral oil will give you most of the detergency characteristics of synthetic oil. remember that ATF is designed for an even more demanding application than engine oil (e.g. torque converter) and is more heat-resistant.
    uy bagong mixture naman ito.

me isang thread, mixing acetone with gas.

eto naman atf + mineral oil

has anyone tried this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    supalpal? not really, just a friendly reminder for you and everyone that unsolicited, informal advertisements are frowned upon in this community.

we have the proper forum here for classified ads, and if you really think you've got a breakthrough product, then by all means, avail of a formal advertising spot on our pages. thanks.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ATF? Gamit ko sa baril yan, Ed's Red.

Guys OK ba ang Elf motor oil?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyrick
    Sir, Mbt and Falken
    What Is The Purpose Of This Forum/posting Of A Non-sence Msgs.? Is It Sharing Ideas Knowledge Right! Supalpal Agad Alam Nyo Ba Ang Sasabihin Ko. Eh Lahat Naman Nang Share Of What Is The Best For Our Car's Advertise Na Ba! Agad!.. . . Forget It! You Search Kung May Pareho Sa Sinabi Ko! . . . And Im Sorry Kung Mali Ako. sorry po!
    Salamat For Your Wonderful Comment................... Gone
    If you're gonna recommend something that's beneficial to the maintenance of our cars, then go ahead and recommend it, huwag na paligoy ligoy pa! "I have a secret that I will reveal soon, watch for it." smacks of advertising teaser.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    If you're gonna recommend something that's beneficial to the maintenance of our cars, then go ahead and recommend it, huwag na paligoy ligoy pa! "I have a secret that I will reveal soon, watch for it." smacks of advertising teaser.
    I guess I found what Rallyrick was teasing about...

http://photos.vwcp.org/gallery/album03/BANNERS_FINAL1

http://photos.vwcp.org/gallery/album...T_LEAFLET_NEW1

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    detoxifier...i hope it wont destroy the engine seals in the process..if it really works then yeey!

pano yan di na secret? hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    pano yan di na secret? hehehe
    We can always pretend not to know...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is is true that fully synthetic oils are not recommended for older cars? lets say an 8 year old car with a well maintained engine. why is it so?

another Q:

is there a better but cheaper alternative for the shell helix plus? the one with the blue container. i've been using this for 3 years on my honda's 16 valve non vtec engine.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1
    is is true that fully synthetic oils are not recommended for older cars? lets say an 8 year old car with a well maintained engine. why is it so?
    coz fully synthetic oils have low viscosity, it MAY leak on the old seals n gaskets on old engines.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    according to the VERY long article linked from here (it's in one of the earlier pages) the use of high-viscosity oil in older engines is an urban myth.

according to the writer, at the engine operating temperature of 100* C, *ALL* motor oils have the SAME viscosity, around SAE 10.

the big difference is when starting cold. a full-synth 0W40 or 0W30 oil will have a viscosity of 60, while a 20W50 mineral oil would have a viscosity of 90. notice that even the best full-synth oil is much too thick during cold starting (which is why it's very important to warm up your engine for at least 2 minutes, otherwise you are severely stressing the engine as it's not lubricated immediately after starting).

the fellow said, if you have a new engine, 0W20 or 0W30 is best. if your engine is worn out, 0W40. parang -- the less viscous the oil, is always better. for starting up. but at normal operating temperature, they are all equally viscous.

motor oil... ano gamit mo?