New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    pagpasensyahan nyo na po ako at ako ay baguhan sa mundo ng automobile... salamat sa pag-unawa...

kelan ba dapat magpa change oil? ano ba ang difference ng fully synthetic sa semi synthetic? sabi kasi kung pang city driving lang naman eh kahit every 1 year magpalit kung fully synthethic, sabi naman ng iba eh depende sa kung ilang kilometers na ang tinatakbo ng sasakyan mo?

since 2nd hand ang auto ko na nabili.. gusto ko lang malaman para i could prevent bigger problems pag hindi ko ito na-maintain ng maayos.

Also, may difference ba kung 'branded' ang oil na gamit? or pare-pareho lang ang mga ito basta fully synthetic ang gamit? what brand is recommended?

salamat in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    every 5000 KM ang change oil, you should also change the oil filter.

What oil? The owners handbook of your car should indicate what type/grade of oil is recommended for your car. Havoline Energy is what I'm using, pwede yan sa oto mo, 97 Lancer GL, tama ba?

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS CRAP!

sabi kasi kung pang city driving lang naman eh kahit every 1 year magpalit kung fully synthethic

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yup.. 97 lancer GL.. second hand ko nakuha.. pinapalitan pati filter.. ginamit nilang oil is yung fuchs (i hope i spelled that right).. so, okey.. i'll go check the manual.. i haven't browsed that yet.. so would I still go for a fully synthetic oil or the semi-synthetic? does it have any difference? Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your wallet can handle the budget for full synth oils why not? I've seen an L-type Lancer used Mobil eversince and change his oils every 5K kms., you would not believe me if I did say that the engine innards still looks brand new.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yes, it's all about the budget naman. if you can handle fully synthetic oil then by all means go for this. in case hindi ok lang normal mineral or semi synthetic oil as long as you change it at regular intervals

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareng mark, it sound like you got the pizza already. good for you. anyway, what i would suggest is that you use semi-synths. its not hard on the pocket compared to synths. frankly, i really think that the 10k kms change oil interval on synths is an overkill. for synths, i think that the best interval is between 7.5k to 8.5k. pag medyo lumampas na dun, the "innards" are quite dirty na. and besides, you still need to change your oil filter every 5k maski full synth na gamit mo.

speedyfix is right. using minerals or semi-synths is ok, as long as you observe the 5k limit. imho lang, sa semi-synths, you may feel that your engine will run smoothly than minerals.

my car is also a pizza (a 2k pizza). i use semi synths ever since i got it. brands that i just used: shell semi-synth (yung blue) tsaka havoline energy (yung blue din). both oils worked fine for me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks guys.. yeah happy gilmore.. nakuha ko na rin.. we agreed to 235K.. i got the car, hindi pa ako marunong magmaneho.. newbie talaga..walang alam.. good thing may ganitong mga forums so nakakatulong!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pareng mark, di ka pa marunong magmaneho? ingat lang sa kalye tol. madaming sira ulo dyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you have to take into consideration the dirty climate and the heavy traffic we encounter here.... most of the time our cars are stopped on the road rather than moving. Hence if we follow the 5000KM or whatever KM marking we have for changeoils, we might be going over the required change oil. Lets say you have reached 5000KM already.. however you have been on the road a lot of times stuck in traffic.. in theory.. your engine (not car) has probably clocked in 8000km "worth" of work. Imagine that.

Sa akin, i get my oil changed every 3500KM or 3 months (regardless of how much i travel).. regular dino oil... change filter every oil change....same thing rin naman.. ang suma total nyan... basta you have a regular regimen in changing oil... your car will last quite a long time.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'll take that into consideration.. the best maintenance is preventive maintenance. thanks for the advice guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
kelan magpa change oil???