New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Ang intercooler fan ba ng paj e ngtuturn-on pg ignition mo? Yung sa akin kasi kahit umaandar na engine naka off pa rin yung fan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Intercooler fan is turned on by a thermal switch. So, if its hot outside, even if you put the key in the on position, it will still work. but notice sa umaga, before you start, it doesnt do that.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanx for the reply. Ang problema nga lang kasi khit na tumakbo na ako for about 70 kms and its really hot outside, when you look inside the hood with the engine still running, the fan still isn't turning.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its either the fan or the fuse is busted. what i did before was override the thermal switch by shorting the wires. what happened was that my fan was always on.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks. BTW is there a noticeable difference in performance if the fan is turning or not? Just curious...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks. BTW is there a noticeable difference in performance if the fan is turning or not? Just curious coz for as long as I can remember di na talaga umaandar yung fan pgkabili ko ng ride.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you wont notice it. Although it does feel better psychologically if you know that it's there

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    just checked my fan. the damn thing is busted. :arghhh: anybody got an idea how much it costs? thanx

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pa check mo sa Rey's electrical or any other competent auto electrical shop. Madalas, upod lang yung carbon contacts nito. Usually nasa P150 lang ang labor. Yung carbon mura din lang. Hindi dapat lalampas sa P500 all in all.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Ok, thanks.

intercooler fan