New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    how do you keep older cars look and drive like new? lets say for older cars more or less 10+ years old. my ride is a civic SiR ek 99. orig paint, no racing, daily driver, 94k mileage. im working to keep it in prestine condition.

i always park in the shade. replaced timing belt, new starter, rear shocks (kyb), are among the major repairs ive done if i can remember. i dont use air fresheners since it spoils or makes my ac system dirty daw.

any more tips to make our older cars fresh? thanks!

Sent from my H100 using Tapatalk 2
    if feel new, do this in 1-2 weeks ( i did this all)

complete PMS, change oil, oil filter, air filter, aircon filter, fuel filter, sparkplugs (if gasoline)
    replace all fluids: coolant, brake, windshield, washer, power steering F, clutch, MTF (if MT), ATF (if AT), transfer case / rear differential fluid (if 4WD), front differential fluid
    clean / grind brake pads, bleed brake fluid
    wheel / camber / toe alignment (all four tires), replace all tires if necessary (may wear indicator naman tires)
    replace all belts: P/S, alternator, compressor and even timing belt + water pump + tensioner + oil seals (if car is 100TK)
    replace all bulbs: headlight, parklight, fog, maplight, domelight, gaugebulbs, dashbulbs (just use the orig specs, wag na LED na uso ngaun)
    lubricate all joints, door hinges, power window mechanism (there is a specific lubricant for every application)
    replace all stabilizer links / rubber bushings / tie rods if necessary
    general aircon cleaning, replace filter dryer and freon
    waterless engine detailing
    underwash
    selective undercoat spray ( say for example you changed your tie rod or stab links, spray with undercoat yun mga turnilyuhan)

I have an 01 car. many are advising na I should sell it coz it looks old coz of the paint. I didn't listen, i did all that, and it rides like new now. well it still looks old coz of the exterior, pero ok lang, if it gets me from point A to b na hindi karag-karag feel, i'm good hehe

i'm still waiting a friend of a friend to quote me for complete washover + detailing and rims repaint ;) pero no rush here. it rides good pa naman

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Kayo tuloy nahihirapan niyan I started driving at 16 kasi I don't wanna depend on other people for me to get around. Mainipin pa ko
    mam cathy, are you driving MT or AT?

BTT:
    i also have my b13, kahit gaano ako kapagod pag uwi dahil sa OT at traffic, lilinisin at lilinisin ko oto ko, exterior and interior. sa ganung way kahit na old school na oto ko, ican prove na malinis pa to sa brand new mo . (pero syempre si lahat ng owner ng brand new)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Always wanted to restore a B13.

They look so much better stock than an AE92.

Too bad restoring a not-so old car from ground up will cost you more than a hundred grand.
    I'm estimating what i need to restore my B13 at home:
    - Good paint job with some latero work (30K)
    - New shocks (8K)
    - New tint (3K)
    - Pulsar seats (3K)
    - New OEM HT wires (2.2K)

At least the engine is generally running good; kaunting himas pa sa carb tuning.

When it's raining, i make it a point to at least hose the car down when i get home. I even keep a large container of water in the trunk to make banlaw the car when it's raining and i arrive at a parking garage in some cases.
    Last edited by vinj; May 17th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I remember seeing this all original Sentra months back.

Stunning, that it still has the center cap (chrome) of the steel rims!!!!

all orig paint, orig mudguards, no tint, it seems like it doesn't even have a stereo. Nice-ness.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

all orig paint, orig mudguards, no tint, it seems like it doesn't even have a stereo. Nice-ness.

The JX did not come with a stereo talaga.

The center hubcaps are one of the first to get lost in that model. Paint looks original if i may add...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The JX did not come with a stereo talaga.

The center hubcaps are one of the first to get lost in that model. Paint looks original if i may add...
    Yes, wala talaga OEM Radio ang LEC and JX. EX Saloon and SS models lang. But, I mean unmolested model yan after all these years. Meron din ako neighbor na may 93 Corolla XL. All orig even the center caps of the steel rims are intact. No stereo also. Pati cover ng stereo panel, intact. Pati talong tint nya (purple ones) puro bubbles, pero original pa din. Take note, pati plastic cover ng sidings. Really amazing. Nung nagkaroon kami ng XL, yan ang binabalatan ko pag bored ako hahaha! Now I understand bakit galit na galit dad ko noon hahaha!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

maganda pa yung height nung oto, di ba bagsak yung likod.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    Now this gotta be proven with a vid
    Yes, she waxes her car. That's a proven fact. ;)

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    When it's raining, i make it a point to at least hose the car down when i get home. I even keep a large container of water in the trunk to make banlaw the car when it's raining and i arrive at a parking garage in some cases.
    Wow!

And I thought that I am one of the most OC, when it comes to the cleanliness of our rides.... Sa garahe kasi namin,- bawal hawakan o sandalan ang mga sasakyan... Even my in-laws know about this and are indeed conscious...... (At most of the times, - hindi ako natutulog o makatulog, hangga't hindi tuyo at malinis ang sasakyan - even if that means cleaning the car in the wee hours of the night)
    [Pero, kapag rental sa ibang bansa... puwede mong tamnan ng camote....(huwag lang may college girls' carwash....).... :hysterical:]

"Pero, a large container of water in the trunk to wash the car when it is raining?",- bro.,- saludo ako sa iyo! (may kasama pang sikad!)....

19.1K:insomnia:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yes, she waxes her car. That's a proven fact. ;)
    You have a vid + pics?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
how to keep older cars look and feel like new