New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    For years, I always use 50-50 mixture ng coolant (ethylene glycol). Lately, it has become somewhat expensive. Napag-isip tuloy ako. I know how coolants increase the boiling point of water, etc. Pero, I know people who have not used any coolant for years and they seem to get away with it. How important is it really? Pwede ba anti-rust na lang ilagay ko? It's much less expensive kasi.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    my car has been running for 2 years since i got it with just plain water coolant. so far ok naman. always normal operating temperature. kaya lang you have to check ur radiator every now and then para magdagdag ng water kase parang nag e evaporate din sya ng konti. and 1 thing i notice is yung parang residue nan nakadikit sa loob ng radiator. pagtagal tagal siguro mababarahan nun mga butas kaya kailangan ipa overhaul ung radiator. i think its a good thing to add 50% coolant para maganda ang maintenance ng radiator natin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    coolant is very important...

first, it has anti-rust properties. second, it lowers the boiling point of water.

by the way, how often do you change your coolant-water mixture? it shouldn't be that expensive since it should be done only every 30K km.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Betz
    and 1 thing i notice is yung parang residue nan nakadikit sa loob ng radiator
    if you are using plain water... that would be the cause... those are minerals and whatnots found in plain water... use only distilled water.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sabi ko na nga ba eh, hindi dapat plain water ilagay hehehehe
    thanks mazda mazda.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Very Important mix mo sa distilled and coolant 50/50 but if dont want to put coolant try distilled lng..

Remember sa name pa lng ng Coolant.. hehehe..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    And remember mahal ang brand new radiator.. hastle pa if mayroon ng leak dahil wlang maintenance..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yun 1990 na corolla namin 1.6L parati tap water lang nilalagay namin di naman nagkakaproblema. Although napalitan na yata yun radiator once pero never naman sya nag overheat. Nag over heat lang nung nakalimutan lagyan ng tubig for some time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Again, please refer to the SIMILAR THREADS at the bottom of this page, there are a lot of similar discussions na.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    coolant is very important...

first, it has anti-rust properties. second, it lowers the boiling point of water.

by the way, how often do you change your coolant-water mixture? it shouldn't be that expensive since it should be done only every 30K km.
    bok, i think u mean " it increases the boiling point of water " , don't u think so ?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
how important is coolant?