New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mga fellow tsikoteers ano po ang ginagawa ninyo to avoid na maloko ng mga repair shop?

I have a not so good experience even from my I thought was a “trustworthy” mechanic.

This is specially helpful also sa mga wala pang suking mekaniko.

There are cases that a repair shop will tell you that this or that is broken and needs replacement and then after a while the symptoms will come back. In which case you already spent on the parts and labor eh hindi naman pala yun ang sira. Nagagawa nyo bang ipa-balik yung dating piyesa and pa-refund yung cost ng piyesa na inilagay nila?

Or there are cases where iniwan mo yung sasakyan sa kanila, (unavoidable sometimes) they said they did this and that and will charge you so much pero they did minor things lang pala.

Sa dami ng mga manloloko na gusto lang gumawa ng pera at sa increasing cost of maintaining our rides we really need to be cautious. Some pointers from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    For me, I know my car and the parts it has, unless electrical problem I can probably identify the possible problems and fixes. Medyo mahilig rin kasi ako sa DIY.

I also often browse forums or do searches online so I can also better understand the problems I have and the solutions available.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Two weeks ago I went to an aircon repair show near our place, the blower wouldnt go on (Ford Telstar), sabi nung mechanic linis katapat, sabi ko hinde, alam ko kasi kung more or less ano problem, kaya pinacheck ko sa kanila yung electrical, naayos naman nila (hit & miss malamang), pero I wouldnt go to that store again, kasi alam ko medyo nanghuhula lang sila.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Number 1. When a shop or mechanic tells you that a particular part is broken, don't have it fixed right away. Ask for a second opinion and maybe a third. Too many of us jump right away and ipinagagawa na agad. Parang tao din yan na nagpapagamot, pag sinabing kanser, they ask for another opinion right?

It's good to maintain 2 or 3 shops or mekaniko to go to in shoping for those opinions.

Secondly, always ask for the part that was taken out as proof na pinalitan nga iyung piyesa na sinabing sira.

Just my suggestion.

I usually avoid yung mga large chain shops like R**%de, the manager of these shops usually have quotas and they will do their best to extract the most peso from their victims. One time nasira yung break master assembly ng ride ko pinapalitan ko sa kanila (I was inexperienced then, may repair kit pala nun I learned later) after 4 days ang bumigay naman ay yung break booster, makes me think na nasira nila or sinira? They are charging me P16,000 for it and may surplus daw P13,000 lang.

I took the car home kahit mahina yung break and have it checked by another mechanic. Break booster nga daw ang sira. The difference is in the cost of the surplus part, P800 lang! And the labor cost? Bahala na daw ako! So binigyan ko na ng P500, sandali lang ginawa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be knowledgable.read read...google....research...etc.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, tama dapat marunong ka din, kaso ako wala akong alam. hehehe. kaya tiwala na lang, tutal ung mekaniko namin mekaninko ng lahat ng sasakyan namin. hindi naman taga maningil.

pero na biktima na rin ako niyan. sa scooter pa! ung isang piyesa ko pinalitan ng sira tapos ang lakas pa ng patong. ang masama pa non halos parang kamag-anak pa namin ung gumawa. tsk tsk.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Learn all about your car and the different systems that make it run smoothly. Knowledge is power, as they say.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako bago may ipagawa sa car..nag reresearch muna sa net.herherhehr.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    gaya ng sinabi ng iba:

google and car fora are your friend.
    get a 2nd opinion.

caveat emptor!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mag ask-ask ka lang dito sa tsikot sure-ball lagi yan mga tip nila

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do you avoid na "maloko" ng mga repair shops?