New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yes, the best thing to do is ask for 2nd, even 3rd and 4th opinion before having your car repaired. One time, we had aircon trouble on our trip to Baguio and looked for repair shops. One told us that the compressor needs replacement (3,000). We didn't want to spend hefty cash right away so we consulted another shop. Turns out that there was an ice buildup somewhere, preventing airflow inside the cabin. The honest mechanic asked us to switch off the A/C button and move the temperature controller to the red part (heater) so as to melt the 'ice.' Everything went well until we got to Baguio and back to Manila. A simple aircon cleanup got the job done thereafter.

Let that be a lesson to you guys. ;)

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    After I bought my first car (an old one) I bought a book from Reader's Digest "Complete Car Care Manual". I learned a lot from it - how the car runs, how to fix minor problems and the do-it-yourself maintenance. If I could not do the repair, I asked from friends for their recommended mechanic. Now, we have the internet and the car fora, like tsikot.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    basa sa tsikot.com, kotse.com, autoindustriya.com, piyeza.com tapos hanap ng service manual... kuha ng idea dun sa mga nabasa tapos tanong sa mga kasama sa forum..... more heads are better than yours like what i always think. tapos punta sa repair shop to estimate what needs to be done dapat pasulat lahat.. get a second and third opinion. kung ano ang common na sinasabi nilang sira, yun ang almost 90% sure na sira. minsan kasi hit and miss ang mga mekaniko kaya "baka ito... baka iyan..." yung iba kasi dinadagdagan talaga ang sira daw para dagdag labor. minsan naman, after ang online diagnosis ng mga resident experts sa mga board, punta ka sa mga shops na suggest nila at tried and tested tapos sabihin mo dun sa gagawa na nirefer ka ni ganito o ganyan from the board kasi syempre, alam nila na kapag pumalpak sila, bababa ang tingin sa kanila ng mga suki nila at baka ikalat pa. kaya ayun...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    isa pa pala, tingin ka sa mga board ng shops to avoid nandun ang reasons ng mga members kung bakit ayaw nila dun at ang experience nila kung pano sila niloko. dont ever go to the shops na nandun sa shops to avoid... meron ata nito sa kotse.com...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Before I have work done on my vehicle, I usually browse the forums or ask around. Research muna ika nga.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    marami na tayo forum na ... naka ads ang mga bad egg na shop

surf sa net and ask mga

mekaniko ,electricians ,air con tech.,painter .denter or drivers din

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    read, ask, read, ask. yan ang technique. and wag masyado maniwala sa sabi-sabi. tapos pag may ginawa sa ride mo, tandaan mo kung ano ginalaw at pano ginawa. para next time diy ka na lang.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    be cautious lalo na sa mga aircon technician, iba pa rin yung recommended ng mga kakilala, the key word here is ASK....bago magpagawa sa kung sino sino, dami na fly by night mech. na natuto lang as apprentice, nakalagay na sa sign e "expert" daw....nasiraan na ko non ng aircon, many years ago, relay lang pala sira, umabot ng 2,000 bill pati daw karga ng freon and linis....kya pagawa ako aircon ngyn home service na lang para kahit pano e nababantayan...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    as they say, knowledge is power.

also, ask questions. any shop owner or good mechanic should be able to answer all the questions you have about the work to be done until you are satisfied.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    browse through the list of recommended/not recommended shops in this forum.

also post ka ng questions here. para marami ka opinion, bago mo pagawa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How do you avoid na "maloko" ng mga repair shops?