New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    guys advise please.gamit ko spark plug bosch super 4,every 40T km daw bago magpalit,naka12T km nko pero dko pa nalilinis.paano maglinis nun.tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first you have to learn how to remove and install it.

most cars have a spark plug removal set included in its tools.

but i would also recommend using a torque wrench in the removal/installation process. because this is what the manual says. it even has the torque specifications.

to remove, turn counter-clockwise to install turn clockwise. do not overtighten.

i don't know what other peeps use but i've been using a small steel brush to clean my spark plugs. i just clean the electrode, check the gap, re-gap if needed and re-install it

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...impression ko naman is you throw away the sparkplugs after every tuneup...hindi pala, o depende kung anong klaseng sparkplug?

i read in my car owner's manual that there's this sparkplug gap-measuring tool used to measure the distance between the cathode and anode(tama ba?)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    First Remove Spark Plug Then Re-Gap if needed then Put a little gas.. not diesel.. then presto! its clean..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    small steel brush na parang toothbrush ang itsura.. then one way strokes lang

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    parang ang hirap yata re-gap yun 4tips na sparkplug...

anyway, steel brush with fine bristles lang katapat ng maruming sparkplug. babad mo lang sa gas or kero to soften the carbon buildups before brushing.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    And don't forget to apply anti-seize when you screw the plugs back.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho
    And don't forget to apply anti-seize when you screw the plugs back.
    sir ano yung antiseize?ano pano mag re-gap?pasensya na.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hi everyone

Sa europe, ang mga plugs ng mga mercedes ay pinapalitan lang ng dealer every 60T miles which is about mga 90T km or every five years. Ito kasi ang recommended ng mercedes pero nasasayo rin kung gusto mong palitan ng mas maaga. Pag nagseservice sila (mercedes garage) di nila tinatouch or nililinis man lang ito unless na may problema ang timing ng sasakyan. I think they use platinum or bosch plugs. Ang pinakamahalaga lang sa kanila ay to make sure na all fluids are up to the right level at gumagana ang lahat ng safety features ng saskyan and keeping it to the legal emission level. I used to change plugs every 6 months on my previous car pero di ko naman mafeel ang pagbabago kahit kapapalit lang nito. Kaya kung ako sa yo, kung okey naman ang hatak at idle ng car mo isave mo na lang ang trabaho para sa next service mo.

Ano ba ang tamang gap ng spark plug, meron bang pregapped nang available?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    masmaganda kung papalitan na lang ng bago un.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how to clean spark plug