New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Just arrived here in Manila and was told that my CR-V's been acting up lately. Actually, the temp goes up when in traffic and goes back to normal when car is in motion? I was told na baka daw sira na yun water pump? Could this be it? Also, laging nauubos yun coolant from the radiator and hindi nababawasan yun sa resevoir. Every 3 days daw dapat irefill yun radiator ng coolant. I checked the radiator and saw no leaks. Any help on what could the problem be? Thanks...TJ

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    waterpump leak or busted auxiliary fan

baka clogged yung radiator... have it checked also

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    i'd check the radiator muna. kung di maayos baka the constant fluctuation of the temp had warped the cylinder head na.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Just bring it to your prestigious Honda dealer. Ask them if it can be replaced under warranty. They may tell you it's part of normal wear & tear though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    prestigious Honda dealer
    ?????

Is this the "required" way to describe Honda now?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I guess so. Just walk into a Honda showroom. You'll see sales reps chattering with each other and then give you a glance (as if saying, "talk to us when you're ready to buy").

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, didn't note the sarcasm in your first post :D

Alam mo naman mga sales people dito, chismis before service...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by teej55
    Actually, the temp goes up when in traffic and goes back to normal when car is in motion?
    Had a similar experience with our CRV. It was due to a busted auxiliary fan in our case.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 03:30 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    i'd check the radiator muna. kung di maayos baka the constant fluctuation of the temp had warped the cylinder head na.
    what could be wrong with the radiator? there were no leaks present, pano ko check yun?what do i tell the shop?also, how can we check if the head is warped already?thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help with my Honda CRV