New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    just to add to my reply above...

nag leak yung pump since its 10 years old

pero yun gother parts nung car mo is 10 years old nadin... palaging hahanapin ng fluid yung weakest link... nataon lang na bumigay naman yung other part ng power steering mo.
    I have an existing leak on our CR-V 98. I consulted Honda with it and the recommendation is to replace the whole assembly. The reason they don't want to use repair kits, is that there are instances that another part will fail which is not related to the repaired item but is part of the assembly. The customer will now think that they did a poor job.

So as to avoid this scenario, they always recommend to replace the whole thing.

With the leak of power steering fluid, I just left it as is. I just add fluid every other month. If one day it goes kaput, then that will be the day I'll replace it.

2. Join Date
    May 2019
    Thank you po sa mga reply, ngayon nafefeel ko na justified naman ung gawa nila dahil sa mga reply niyo po. Thank you very much for this site and to all its member. I think i will give my full trust na lang talaga. My mga nagsasabi din kasi sakin na, tinataga and nag hahanap sila ng papalitan kahit di pa palitin, kaya bigla grabe yung doubt ko kung tama ba na dun ko talaga dinala.. Wala din kasi akong alam na mechanic na kabidaso yung Civic 2010 model dito sa Imus Cavite kaya for peace of mind, sa casa ko na dinala..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I have an existing leak on our CR-V 98. I consulted Honda with it and the recommendation is to replace the whole assembly. The reason they don't want to use repair kits, is that there are instances that another part will fail which is not related to the repaired item but is part of the assembly. The customer will now think that they did a poor job.

With the leak of power steering fluid, I just left it as is. I just add fluid every other month. If one day it goes kaput, then that will be the day I'll replace it.
    Always sound advice, Brother Bossing!Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulderHelp on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder
    If the engine were consuming oil without visible leaks, constant monitoring & topping up might be more economical than, say, a major overhaul. If the engine were leaking everywhere, proper seal & gasket swaps aren't too bad nor tedious a task...
    But...Steering leaks? The proper 1-go lazy but sure fix would mean pricey swaps. If the car were deemed too old/unworthy or the budget simply isn't there yet, top up or either of these 2 products are practical options.Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Always sound advice, Brother Bossing!Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulderHelp on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder
    If the engine were consuming oil without visible leaks, constant monitoring & topping up might be more economical than, say, a major overhaul. If the engine were leaking everywhere, proper seal & gasket swaps aren't too bad nor tedious a task...
    But...Steering leaks? The proper 1-go lazy but sure fix would mean pricey swaps. If the car were deemed too old/unworthy or the budget simply isn't there yet, top up or either of these 2 products are practical options.Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

I've tried a few "stop leaks" but it didn't work. I'll give this a try, thanks!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I've tried a few "stop leaks" but it didn't work. I'll give this a try, thanks!
    No harm...you'll eventually swap them parts anyway.Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005

Pero kung within warranty, ipipilit naman nila na repair kit lang para mas mura sa kanila

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Pero kung within warranty, ipipilit naman nila na repair kit lang para mas mura sa kanila

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Yes! And business as usual. Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

Somehow it makes sense as the car within warranty won't have as many failing parts compared to a decade old car. Then again, they are there to make money with as little risk as possible.

With the post above in using the lifter, I think it is possible to request they use the other type.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yes! And business as usual. Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

Somehow it makes sense as the car within warranty won't have as many failing parts compared to a decade old car. Then again, they are there to make money with as little risk as possible.

With the post above in using the lifter, I think it is possible to request they use the other type.
    Dealerships welcome warranty claims coz they still get paid.Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Dealerships welcome warranty claims coz they still get paid.Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

I think that is why it called at times as, "stealership".
    Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I think that is why it called at times as, "stealership".
    Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder
    Theirs is a schemed & forced dependence motorists wanna be unshackled from. Wish drugs were as repulsive.Help on my Honda Casa service, who should shoulder

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast