New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    hi guys. i would just like to solicit your opinion about this. the low oil pressure indicator blinks right after i start the engine. it's a split second blink only. i read from the manual that it should never blink or stay on after starting the engine. although it doesn't happen all the time. probably 1 blink in about 50 starts. is this ok or do i need to have the engine checked? my car is a 97 civic vti a/t. thanks in advance for your help.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i think there's no problem with your car. though, you need to check your sensor.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    look for a shop that can hookup a mechanical gauge para malaman mo kung me problema talaga ang oil pressure mo

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Backtrack also a bit on the maintainance history of the car... if the oil had not been changed regularly then there could be sludge buildup (amongst some). It won't hurt to have it checked...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thanks for the replies. engine oil has been changed according to the PMS. i will try to have it checked anyway to be sure.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir, the lark; I have same problem here.... just want to ask if your problem in blinking low oil pressure was solved? What are the implemented solutions? I have just changed oil and filter but still the same.. I'm going to the option now of installing a mechanical gauge to double check...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    even the Check Engine light is supposed to light up when you first start the car, then it's supposed to go away... As far as I know that's the how it works but don't know whether or not it's car-specific's... My car does it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Have it checked to be sure. If you lose oil pressure, or oil for that matter, it can kill your engine.

Thank God I have an oil pressure gauge instead of an idiot light.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    pede rin cguro dbahsa oil pump nya? nd man kasi dbahmag bibigay ng warning ang indicator if wala namng problem unless nalng kung medyu topakung sensor try to check na rin.....

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Dbahsa/dbahmag??

Wala kang dapat ikatipid, di binibilang ang text dito

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help: Low Oil Pressure Indicator Blinks