New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    When you start the car in the morning (w/o aircon), what's your rpm reading?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yo coolgal, I also had idling problems before in my carbed engine and i would just like to share some tips.

1. First of all, carbureted engines are sensitive to changes in weather and altitude. For example, if I had a tune-up at summer and I suddenly went up to Baguio, there's a possibility that the car would not be in tune and you have to do another tune-up at that weather and altitude. Since it is Dec, it's possible that you just need a new tune-up.
    2. Dirty carb- using carb cleaner would only reach the externals and the choke and some areas at the mouth of the carb. Passages inside would not be cleaned. To clean this, you have to use a carb cleaner that is mixed with the gas at the tank. This would help cleaning it up further.
    3. Vacuum advancer- there are 3 screws that are adjusted at tune-up. The idle up for fuel, the screw for the air and the vacuum advancer. Try adjusting the vacuum advancer with the aircon on and put it at the right RPM. If it doesn't budge, then the vacuum advancer might be busted.
    4. Solenoid
    Hope this helps, HTH.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my mechanic said na yung 2 high tension wires ko e sira na. so kailangan ko na magpalit. bukas pa ko bili kse coding ako today. NGK maganda di ba? pa tune up ko na lang din ulit siguro kaso ok lang ba yun kse sept lang yun last tune up ko? he said also na everything is a-ok except for the wires. the idler is ok naman din daw.

what he did was replace my high tension wires with his tension wires tapos the engine ran smoothly tapos nun binalik yun sakin, nanginig na naman tapos bumaba yun rpm.

Kidd636::: rpm ko is around 1000 to 1100 without aircon but when i reach the normal temperature its 900 without aircon. bumababa habang umiinit yung makina. minsan pag kakastart lang, tapos ni rev ko yung reading aakyat hanggang 1900 tapos mag sstay lang dun tapos i rerev ko ulit babalik na sa normal which is 900. but few days ago pag start pa lang 600 na reading.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From a cold start during mornings the RPM level is usually higher than normal, this is due to your automatic chock at work. This is to compensate for the cold engine which is usually "nanginginig" . There is a mechanical lever/vacuum connected to the temperature sensor and throttle (carb). When a certain temperature (operating temperature) is attain the lever pushes or pull, depends on the car make. You will feel this sa gas pedal mo. You will notice too that the RPM goes down significantly as you reach the operating temp of your car.

Oh btw, I forgot to tell you to check your ignition coil. If you say that your RPM goes down when your car gets hot then this is one characteristic of an hot coil that's going south.

Try spraying the carb and it's linkages with WD40. You might have a sticking linkages.

Observe your car for a day without aircon. Then another with it on. Keep us posted.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napalitan na yung ht wires ko. nilinis yung fuel filter ko. sobrang dumi. inadjust yung air and fuel mixture. ok na sya. :D

kaso ang prob ko naman... bago lang to ha... pag start sa umaga meron tok tok tok na sound sa may clutch pedal. parang may maluwag pero pag ni rev, nawawala, pero pag bumaba yun idling nandun na naman. sabi yun tensioner bearing makalawang na (due for timing belt replacement na din naman kse ako) OR pressure plate daw... :cry: :cry: :cry: kapapalit ko lang nun nung sept. mejo matigas din kse clutch pedal. hydraulic clutch ko.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CoolGal:::yun pressure plate, clutch disc and release bearing orig parts from casa? Kasi I once change those sa ride ko. Pagkabit maingay. I week na hindi paring naaalis yun ingay and mabigat siya kaysa dati. Ayon, I ended up buying the original clutch disc sa casa and retained my old but still good pressure plate. You can see if a pressure plate is still good buy inspecting the fingers kung may tama o malalim ang kayod ng release bearing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
***HELP*** iding problem