New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Guys,

I have a 2006 Mazda 3 2.0R. My car vibrates in front when I step on the gas pass 2K RPM mark while the car is moving. It does not vibrate when the car is idle and even I rev it pass 6K RPM. I already have the wheel balance and alignment checked.

Need your expert advice before I go to a shop tomorrow (I plan to go to Speedyfix, but I live in QC, would appreciate if you can also suggest a good autoshop nearby).

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check engine and transmission supports.

kahit na anong shop basta huwag lang sa rapide.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    One reputtable shop told me that I may have to replace the right axle assembly which will cost me around 26K (24.5K part, 1.5 labor). Is the price reasonable? Or can buy the part cheaper from other shop (and which shop and how much?).

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by arkin0608 View Post
    One reputtable shop told me that I may have to replace the right axle assembly which will cost me around 26K (24.5K part, 1.5 labor). Is the price reasonable? Or can buy the part cheaper from other shop (and which shop and how much?).

Thanks
    Get a second opinion.

Mahirap ng gumastos ng ganun kalaki tapos nandoon pa rin ang problema

In our old Toyota Corona, the problem was the engine support.

Hope your problem gets solved at the most reasonable cost.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the shop or technician should narrow down the problem to one of the following:
    1. outer axle head assembly.
    2. inner axle head assembly
    3. drive shaft
    Individual parts will cost much less, unless of course you agree to have the whole right axle assembly replaced.
    If you do have the whole assembly replaced, have the shop produce the replaced assembly just to make sure
    they really replaced it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Just replaced the inner bearing. Solved!

It costs me 5,800 (for surplus bearing + labor) though because I was "hold-upped" so to speak. When the mechanic popped open the inner joint we saw one busted bearing and I can't leave my car shop to buy new one on my own, so the mechanic "canvassed" (daw) to the nearby banawe shops and came back an hour later leaving me 2 choices: replace with surplus axle assemby for 11.5K or surplus inner bearing for 5.8K. If my understanding is correct from another shop brand new inner bearing costs around 4K. But of course I cannot leave my car in the hands of would've been disappointed mechanics if I buy my own part and have it done in another shop nor have the busted bearing installed back (after I saw how busted it is).

Anyhow, charged to experience.

Thanks guys