New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Wow Tsikoteers really give great advise, don't they?!?!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    nangyari na sa akin to dati eh helicopter din tunog, un pala cause lang un cover ng engine sa side ng gulong nahulog un turnilyo kaya humahampas sa gulong

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    what's the recommended tire pressure for 195 55 R15 honda city '04? nagulat kasi ako nung nagpacheck ako last night, nasa 40 psi lahat ng gulong. pinabawasan ko muna to 30 lahat. ok na ba 30 for my car? do i need to increase/decrease para maiwasan yung tire noise.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    what's the recommended tire pressure for 195 55 R15 honda city '04? nagulat kasi ako nung nagpacheck ako last night, nasa 40 psi lahat ng gulong. pinabawasan ko muna to 30 lahat. ok na ba 30 for my car? do i need to increase/decrease para maiwasan yung tire noise.
    kung single load ka lang, you can go well at around 28 psi.... medyo matagtag ka na at 30 psi, but kung parating loaded sasakyan mo, eto talaga ang recommended tire pressure.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UPDATE: replaced all 4 tires earlier and the humming from the front is 90% eliminated. although meron pa rin syang slight hum pero di gaano audible like before. tire related nga.
    You may want to consider adding undercoating to your wheel wells to increase insulation from the road/tire noise. From my previous ownership of a Civic EK and Civic ES, i've noticed that Hondas seem to have minimal insulation and it's evident when i switch cars.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You may want to consider adding undercoating to your wheel wells to increase insulation from the road/tire noise. From my previous ownership of a Civic EK and Civic ES, i've noticed that Hondas seem to have minimal insulation and it's evident when i switch cars.
    pano yung undercoating sir? pwedeng DIY to?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano yung undercoating sir? pwedeng DIY to?
    Pwede naman as there are undercoating bottles sold off-the-shelf. I'd recommend having it done by a service station/shop though as they will have to clean the wheel wells first to ensure there's no dirt and moisture trapped when they apply the undercoat and it will be done on a lifter with your wheels and some panels removed. Good to have it done now as well while the weather is hot so the undercoating tar will cure faster.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    kung single load ka lang, you can go well at around 28 psi.... medyo matagtag ka na at 30 psi, but kung parating loaded sasakyan mo, eto talaga ang recommended tire pressure.
    thanks sir

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I have a similar problem. I had my wheels balanced and aligned and it turns out that my wheel bearings are due for replacement. It's a long process that will take a day though so I've put it off to next week.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I have a similar problem. I had my wheels balanced and aligned and it turns out that my wheel bearings are due for replacement. It's a long process that will take a day though so I've put it off to next week.
    sir nilagay ba sa lifter ung car mo then piaikot ung wheels at detected na me tunog? Nung una kasi ang advise din sa akin ng mechanic wheel bearing, nag palit ako ng mechanic at inulit ung pag test sa lifter, ang final result ung tyres ko ang maingay, palit ako ng 4 tyres nawala ung ingay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Helicopter Sound at 40-50km/hr