New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    In my own experience the prob w/ the same situation is the velocity bearing. But just make sure na orig or class A yung ipapalit mo kasi in my case after a week of replacement w/ just some bearing, nadurog agad yung bearing grrr! my 2 cents

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    ask ko lang mga sirs, my car has some sort of "helicopter" sound galing sa harap lalo na pag around 40-50km/hr ang takbo. same case din pag naka neutral at 40-50km/hr and takbo.no noise naman when turning left or right. pina wheel balance ko na and alignment pero same pa rin. brought it sa 2 talyer to have the wheel bearings checked, ok naman daw. tire related na kaya? any ideas? TIA

does the sound disappear beyond 50 kph?
    did this noise start after an oil change or after hitting something on the road?
    are there plastic protective coating on the windshield trim?
    are the windshield wiper springs weak?
    have you tried replicating the symptoms with the antenna retracted?
    is the fuel filler lid loose on its mount?
    are the air dams or spoilers loose?
    where is the general area the sound is coming from?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    there is no way to put back a removed front wheel bearings. the front wheel bearings are hydraulic pressed out and in.
    the only way to check the inner tires condition is to have them removed from the wheels and have a look inside.
    the outer tire can be checked for balding or roundness.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyboy View Post
    update: front wheel bearings replaced; alignment, balance and rotation done. unfotunately the humming helicopter sound is still there. also kanina medyo na may slight vibration din sa steering wheel na nasabay sa humming sound. help please. running out of ideas and budget.
    it still sounds like tire problem.
    err... how old are your tires? are you the original owner?
    if you are not the original owner, is it possible that the previous owner already rotated the tires because he already experienced the helicopter phenomenon earlier before he sold the car....?
    Last edited by dr. d; April 1st, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    di ko na binalik panibagong baklas na naman. medyo maraming parts tinanaggal sa front wheels. regarding sa balancing, done that na rin. more of a pulsating hum yung noise. hindi constant but more a low - hi - low - hi yung effect.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    minsan yung mga bato na pumapasok sa tire thread cause din ng ganyang tunog sir

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    is it possible for you to record the noise and post it?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    hmmmm, Ganyan din sa akin. May humming sound din. After tire Rotation. Pina-check ko na sa mekaniko, ayos naman daw lahat sa front wheels. ANg tinuturo niya ay yung gulong ko na low profile 45 series at lowered yung harap ng oto ko. Kapag daw naka-lowered eh malakas daw talaga ang road noise lalo na sa sementong daan, Unlike sa espalto na maganda ang latag sa kalye, wala akong naririning na humming sound. May nabasa din ako sa net na baka hindi pantay ang kain ng gulong. Kaya nagkakaroon ng road noise

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    UPDATE: replaced all 4 tires earlier and the humming from the front is 90% eliminated. although meron pa rin syang slight hum pero di gaano audible like before. tire related nga.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    In my own experience the prob w/ the same situation is the velocity bearing. But just make sure na orig or class A yung ipapalit mo kasi in my case after a week of replacement w/ just some bearing, nadurog agad yung bearing grrr! my 2 cents

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    sir eto ba yung nasa loob ng CV joint?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Helicopter Sound at 40-50km/hr