New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what car would be ideal, if you're only after learning/teaching the basics of automotive repair/maintenance -- e.g. EFI troubleshooting, shocks replacement, etc? not necessarily for modding/racing purposes, just for DIY/learning.

so far theff comes to mind:

1. kia pride -- good and cheap, so are the parts
    2. nissan sentra B13 series -- parts should be no problem, but the car itself could be a bit pricey(considering that you're gonna tear it apart, put it back in, tear it apart again...)

charade, wira, box sentra, singkit lancer?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think a Kia Pride is the best option. Very cheap to buy a used unit and parts are cheap and easy to find.

nga pala, mazda 323/astina

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think a Kia Pride is the best option. Very cheap to buy a used unit and parts are cheap and easy to find.
    Yes, I second that. Very cheap parts you'd be pleasantly surprised. And lots of surplus parts out there. Also the engine is interchangeable with Mazda's 323.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by calcite View Post
    Yes, I second that. Very cheap parts you'd be pleasantly surprised. And lots of surplus parts out there. Also the engine is interchangeable with Mazda's 323.
    Mazda 323? Which one, the DOHC? That thing will fly!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kupaloids View Post

hehehe so you need to install some wings in it.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1600cc engine from the mazda 323. Can you say "pocket rocket"?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004

Yes, I read that some Kia owners convert to the Mazda B6 (1600DOHC) engines. They claim their cars literally fly.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    2. nissan sentra B13 series -- parts should be no problem, but the car itself could be a bit pricey(considering that you're gonna tear it apart, put it back in, tear it apart again...)
    Our B13 Sentra became our project car within the first 6months, whether we wanted it to b or not. We replaced pretty much everything in the engine bay, alternator, the a/c parts, iac? (that air controller thing)..our battery, the fuel pump, starter, fuel lines, the wiring for our headlights, we still have an alternator whine when we turn on the radio, now the front right suspension is bad n its affecting our headlights which sometimes turn off n on at night..the connection keeps coming loose..ppl think im doing it on purpose. We also replaced our exhaust pipe n muffler, before our car used to sound like an airplane..ppl knew we were near their house because they can hear my car..now its quieter. There's other things..but i cant remember it all.

So now if our car breaks down, we know what part is NOT at fault..because we're running out of things to replace n fix.

i'd also say a b13 sentra..because it's not ugly..but its also not a Nice looking car that's appealing to the eye, but, it has potential. If we decide to sell our Sentra when we get our Isuzu... i'll let u guys know..n u can have my car from hell haha.

good project cars(not for racing)