New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sir, may device ba na will accurately measure how much fuel your engine consumes at a particular time. (like yung sa Mythbusters when they tested on a pickup truck kung ano mas fuel economic, door down, up, or may mesh ung likod). Meron ba nun d2 sa pinas? Ano po ba tawag, saan makakabili, at mga magkano po kaya?

Kailangan ko po kasi for a science project. ty mga sirs!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anung gas ang susukatin mo? Yung DRAGGER (german yata yun) have gas measuring devices...pero palagay ko mahal.

have you tried the inverted graduated cylinder-in-water technique? emitted gas will flow sa tube and will be diverted to a the graduated cylinder na inveted and may tubig... the gas will replace the water (matatrap ang bubbles). total airspace will be measured by the markings of the graduated cylinder.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    anong device na yun may realtime monitoring ng gas consumption. i can see these indicators sa mga bagong kotse, Innova and civic

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kung carb ang kotse na paggagamitan, pwede mag improvise like what they did in mythbusters. gawa ka ng improvised external gas tank ng directly connected sa fuel filter line to carb. you measure before and after yung volume ng fuel na na consume after running X kilometers.

kung fuel injected yung kotse mejo mahirap kasi you have to consider the fuel pump inside tha tank and yung pressure. although mukang pwede pa din ito improvised.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I did this once sa owner ng father in law ko. Fuel line goes to a 4 liter plastic container instead of the fuel tank. Nakakatawa nga when I fill up sa gas station, kasi you just give the plastic container to the gasoline boy hehehe. At least makikita mo kung konti na lang natitira sa fuel mo. Simple disconnect lang ng tubo. Pero di advisable sa kotse baka magspill pa, and fumes from the fuel might suffocate you.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's the way Tuason Racing School did it with the Focus... they built a fiberglass rack that's affixed to the hood, which holds a transparent fuel container. Simply connect the fuel line straight to that container, and you can accurately measure fuel consumption.

On mythbusters, they used a flow gauge, like you would use for gas lines or water lines (not sure which)... it shows instant fuel consumption at a particular speed and rpm, but not average.

On the Innova, CRV, etcetera... the fuel consumption meter is an estimate based on average and instant consumption, estimated by the computer based (I think... not sure) on the injector duty cycle. There is no actual sensor in the fuel line that measures flow-rates as in Mythbusters.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Gas measuring device