New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Looks like your uncle has things in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by erickdpogi View Post

Anyway, going back to the problem of my car, an uncle of mine dropped in to help me assess the problem, although there were no signs of external leaks, he told me that the engine need Top Overhaul, it may be so for these cases:

1. slot 2 and 4 for the spark plugs (from the right) have oil leaks. It was also checked if the wires leading to the plugs have currents, they do.

2. the engine oil depletes rapidly (since changed oil a few months ago), and mixtures of water and oil were found at the exhaust.
    The oil might be leaking through the piston rings.

3. later, at the lower part of the exhaust manifold w/c is attached to the engine , there was a bit of oil buildup at the right bottom side.

4. He also noticed that the torque-y feeling when you go up was missing now.
    loose compression? It would also explain the oil loss.

5. He even told me that there might be some loss of pressure inside (i dunno what that was).
    Basically there is a leak in the engine cylinders. It could be the piston rings or engine gasket.

He recommended to me to go Top Overhaul and have it fixed asap. He just came back from the states so we don't know how much that would cost.

Estimates? cost? anyone know a shop that is reliable, trustworthy and is considerate on the prices of the parts?

a friend of mine told me that it would cost around 10-20k depending on the condition.

How much are the parts? anybody knows where i can get good parts? ^_^

Thanks again for the replies and happy holidays!
    The price MIGHT go up depending on what the mechanics will find after opening your engine. If it's just the engine gasket, it would be fine. If you have problems with the piston rings, you might also need to check the cylinder itself if the sleeves need replacing as well.

Given the mention of water and oil in your exhaust and oil leaking out the right side of your engine, it might be the gasket that is leaking.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 11th, 2007 at 09:36 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Gas consumption too much for my corolla