New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of my fellow Subaru member posted something about mixing toluene as opposed to buying an expensive Octane Booster.

Who Believes in OCTANE Boosters?

Neither did I until I tried the ultimate Rocket Fuel.

After reading the article located at the URL below

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/toluene.html

Not being one faint of heart or unwilling to try somehting new. I went down to the local paint store bought a gallon of toluene $6.50. I needed gas so I put the gallon of toluene in and filled it up with 91 octane(ha ha) After about 10 miles I was driving a different car. It idled smoother, Accelerated quicker, and that little anoying as hell hesitation when taking off at a stoplight was gone.

The more I drove the less ignition retard I experienced anywhere in the powerband. It revs faster, with my ebc set at 13 it was instant 13psi, 14, 15, 16, 18, it didn't matter the Boost was there. and it pulled through 7000 Rpm.

The only power Mods I have to my car is the SBC-ID BoostController, and a Spin-Tec Muffler

I'm impressed. This could get expenisive running it all the time however its cheaper then buying racing gas for race day. Most of us try to arrive at race day with a 1/2 a tank or less. 1 Gallon of toluene would last two race days. or about $3-5 day. versus $20 or more

After reading the article you will understand the concept after trying it you won't believe it's the same car.

There is a formula to determine what octane you would run with various amounts of toluene and 91 Octane

Toluene can be purchased in Quart, Gallon, five Gallon and 55 gallon sizes.

I have run two gallons through my car so far. Both times I drove util the low gas light came on, then filled up with 91 octane (did not put toluene in) and drove for approx 25 miles, Even the short distance I noticed the difference. After ~25 miles I would put 1 Gallon of Toluene in and within ten miles I could feel the difference again.

Our cars are made to run High Octane 91and up, they are also designed to run on low Octane 87. The difference is like a Ferrari and a Pinto well ok a 6cyl mustang in performance.

The the last comment is for those who have read Shiv's quick ECU reset to advance timing to the MAX . If that works (haven't tried it) and you use the Toluene before you get to the Track your car should be at full power for those 3 quick(er) trips around the track.

Comments .....
    Applies only if you're engine requires you to pump Premium Octane with a Rating of 91+. You can pump higher octane but I dont see any reasonable gains, unless you retune your engine.

Pa-alala lang ulit, 95RON in Pinas is ONLY equivalent to 87Octane in the US.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    I tried this thingie on my Honda Dio...

...I usually fill up my scoot with SeaOil Premium and the timing is OK but when I tried Petron Blaze parang nagalit(naging aggressive) ata yung timing?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    > go for blaze specially if you have a modded F.I. or N.A. engine.

ano ibig sabihin ng F.I. or N.A engine?

i've yet to try Petron Blaze and Caltex Vortex Gold. naka Velocity kasi ako, and it seems I get good preformance and power. Blaze is a little bit more expensive than Velocity, while Vortex Gold is the cheapest.

i've heard and i somewhat believe that an excellent mix is Velocity and Blaze (maybe 50% of each). why? coz you get the high octane of blaze and the power of velocity at the same time. that mix will have 95.5 octane rating.

thru inference, maybe 50% Petron XCS and 50% Caltex Vortex Gold may produce a different experience.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    FI - Forced Induction (turbo, et. al.)
    NA - Natural Aspirated (non-turbo)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
effect of mixing gas