New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Shift down to D3 first. If you're still going too fast, shift down to D2. Just be careful not to let the engine rev too high under engine braking downhill.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    M/T gamit ko. pag di gaano ma-traffic i'm on neutral from boni to guadalupe pababa kasi. i know na hindi dapat pero tantiyado ko naman saka di naman ako gaano mabilis and i stick to the left most lane. IMO masisira ang tranny pag mali ang release ng clutch, pero definitely adversely affected ang brake pads.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Shift down to D3 first. If you're still going too fast, shift down to D2. Just be careful not to let the engine rev too high under engine braking downhill.
    Ahh... thanks po!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    is this same for putting the gear to neutral before going to a full stop? I mean you let the car roll slowly while applying the brakes?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Uhm I have 2 questions:

1. Is engine braking still effective in high speeds? Is there a range of situations where it is effective? Or is it always effective regardless of the situation?

2. Is engine braking still effective in high-speed, emergency manouvres (emergency braking with or without steering)?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I use to cruise a lot before when I was still using a MT car. Nilalagay ko na sa neutral and let it cruise and step on the brakes to stop the car if I see traffic ahead and I will eventually have to make a full stop at that. I also use it a lot during downhills. I just didn't feel that it wore out the breaks faster.

But in AT I never do it I only place the lever in neutral if its a complete stop.

pag running low on fuel na ko, or talagang tipid time na, nag neutral ako kahit malayo pa sa stop light, basta me konting momentum pa.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i have done this everytime i'm entering a basement parking here in rcbc.
    btw, mine is manual.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    pag sa downhill at mabagal ang takbo ko, nag neutral ako.. pero pag mga highway or sa downhill at mabilis ang takbo ko hindi ko ginagawa ang mag neutral, may time na nangyari sa kin before mabilis ang takbo ko at nag neutral ako may biglang nag cut sa kin sabay nag preno na sasakyan di kumagat yung preno ko ayun nasapul ko..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Im not sure but we towed our toyota corona before with out a dolly and we just placed the gearbox on neutral and we did not have any problem with the tranny

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Cruising in Neutral: Bad?