New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    [SIZE=3]can some one pls help me,my prob is is about my springs. i had it cut yesterday and replaced a the old shox but this morning i realized that my cars ride hieght is un-even,its like nkatabingi ung auto.the left is a bit higher than the right,but when i checked ung spring na pinutol it was even. whats the coz of that.. pls help.. the car is a 94 nissan sentra..[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    did you replace all 4 shocks?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    eh di ipaputol mo ulit para pumantay...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    eh di ipaputol mo ulit para pumantay...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6rr View Post
    [SIZE=3]can some one pls help me,my prob is is about my springs. i had it cut yesterday and replaced a the old shox but this morning i realized that my cars ride hieght is un-even,its like nkatabingi ung auto.the left is a bit higher than the right,but when i checked ung spring na pinutol it was even. whats the coz of that.. pls help.. the car is a 94 nissan sentra..[/SIZE]
    you know why? theoretically automotive engineers are designing the coil based on the load it will carry as one of the many factors to be considered. so even by cutting it symetrically you can't be sure that the load values will be decreased or increased proportionally thus that may be the cause in your case. that's the reason when you are ordering replacement parts from the manufacturer most have the left or the right have different part numbers (though looking similar). another factor also are those mentioned by our friends you should also replace both shocks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    you know why? theoretically automotive engineers are designing the coil based on the load it will carry as one of the many factors to be considered. so even by cutting it symetrically you can't be sure that the load values will be decreased or increased proportionally thus that may be the cause in your case. that's the reason when you are ordering replacement parts from the manufacturer most have the left or the right have different part numbers (though looking similar). another factor also are those mentioned by our friends you should also replace both shocks
    +1

go out and spend the money for new lowering springs...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I Was Looking For A Lowering Spring But I Cant Find One.so Pinaputol Ko Nlang Cia,i Aslo Replaced The Front Shox.ngayon Naman The Problem Is Nkatabingi Na Ung Car.parehong Mataas Na Ung Right Side Although Much Lower Ung Nasa Harap.can You Reffer Me To A Good Mechanic Near Makati,some One Who Know's About This Stuff,or Were Can I Buy A Lower Spring For The Car.whats The Best Way To Fix The Problem,coz Nun Last Time Na Nag Paputol Ako Ng Spring Sa Honda Ok Naman,pantay Naman.would It Affect The Cars Chasis Or Wheel Alingment.thnx Guyz For The Help..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    mas taas ung left when your looking at the or when your infront of it facing the car,when inside(driving) sa right..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sir baka hindi nakaupo ng mabuti yung springs. Pano mo sya pinaputol, with disc cutter or oxy-acetelyne? Kasi pag oxy-acetelyne ginamit dyan malabong pumantay yan kasi sira na ang temper ng springs mo. Pag sigurado kang cutting disc ang ginamit dyan, check mo mabuti ang pagkakakabit and bilangin mo yung number of coils kung exactong pareho yung sa left and sa right. Kung gusto mo pa-check, pwede mo pa-check sa Zee or Cruven. Sila magaling dyan. Musta naman ride ng oto mo sir? Di naman sya bouncy? Ilan coil binawasan sa springs mo?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mcclement View Post
    Sir baka hindi nakaupo ng mabuti yung springs. Pano mo sya pinaputol, with disc cutter or oxy-acetelyne? Kasi pag oxy-acetelyne ginamit dyan malabong pumantay yan kasi sira na ang temper ng springs mo. Pag sigurado kang cutting disc ang ginamit dyan, check mo mabuti ang pagkakakabit and bilangin mo yung number of coils kung exactong pareho yung sa left and sa right. Kung gusto mo pa-check, pwede mo pa-check sa Zee or Cruven. Sila magaling dyan. Musta naman ride ng oto mo sir? Di naman sya bouncy? Ilan coil binawasan sa springs mo?
    ang ginamit is eletric saw,1.5 turns ung binawas and the ride.. medyo matagtag.. un na nga lang gagawin.. papacustomize ako sa zee ng suspension and ill look for a lowering spring.. thnx for the reply bro..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
coil problem?